Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are looking for a career opportunity in secretarial environment then apply for the Contract Pool’s Judge’s Secretary vacancy at Office of the Chief Justice. This position is available at the Gauteng Local Division, in Johannesburg. Please include the reference number of this post, 2019/483/OCJ, within your application form if interested.
The future qualified candidate will enter a one year contract. This job offers salary ranging from R 242 475 to R 285 630 per annum along with 37% in lieu of benefits. The successful incumbent will be needed to sign a performance agreement. The minimum educational requirement in order to be eligible for the Contract Pool’s Judge’s Secretary vacancy at Office of the Chief Justice is a Grade 12 certificate. No tertiary qualification is compulsory but an LLB or at least 20 modules completed towards an LLB, BCom or BA Law Degree will be an added advantage (please attach the results). This position also requires all applicants to be in possession of a valid driver’s license and one to three years of experience as a secretary or Office Assistant.
All shortlisted applicants will be needed to undergo and pass a typing test.
Required skills and competencies:
- Very good command of English
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Organisational and administration skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent typing skills
- Customer care service skills
- Time management
- Computer literacy
- Research capabilities
Key Performance Areas:
- Be responsible for formatting or typing draft opinions, memorandum decision, or judgement entries written by assigned Judge
- Be responsible for providing general administrative or secretarial duties to the Judge
- Be responsible for managing and typing judgements, correspondence, and orders for the Judge (including Dictaphone typing)
- Be responsible for diarising and arranging meetings and appointments for official visits as well as making accommodation and travel arrangements
- Be responsible for safeguarding all case files as well as the endorsement of case files with an order stipulated by the Judge
- Be responsible for updating documents, files and providing copies of document to the Registrar
- Be responsible for performing digital recording of court proceedings on urgent court cases after hours and making sure there is integrity of such recordings
- Be responsible for keeping, storing and filing court records safely
- Be responsible for accompanying the Judge to the Courts
- Be responsible for managing Judge’s vehicle, driving and logbook thereof
- Be responsible for compiling data and preparing documents and reports for assigned Judges when needed
- Be responsible for arranging receptions for the Judge and her or his visitors and attending to their needs
- Be responsible for managing Judge’s library and updating documentation
- Be responsible for executing legal research as directed by the Judge
- Be responsible for complying with Departmental Policies, Prescripts, Guidelines and Procedures
When and How to Apply
Applications will only be considered if they contain the following documents:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID, qualifications and driver’s license
Submit your application no later than April 23, 2019 via post to: The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X7, Johannesburg, 2000
As an alternative, hand delivered application is also acceptable: the 12th floor, Cnr Pritchard and Kris Street, Johannesburg.
For more information regarding the Contract Pool’s Judge’s Secretary vacancy at Office of the Chief Justice, please refer to: Ms T Mbalekwa Tel No: (011) 335 0404