Having the title of Office of the Chief Justice has some responsibilities to ensure whether or not the court administration services work effectively and efficiently. As OCJ has been given a mandate to support the Chief Justice to render both the operational and administrative support to the Judiciary. Currently, there are some Office of the Chief Justice vacancies to work in Western Cape division. Read for the complete information as follows.
Table of Contents
Recruiter: The Office of the Chief Justice
Location: High court, Western Cape division (Cape Town)
Salary: R145 281 per annum
Reference number: 2021/31/OCJ
In addition, to be a typist, there are some duties and responsibilities to handle in daily basis, as follows.
- Typing the court roll, appeals, reviews, court order (which is related to both crime and civil), minutes, reports, circulars, witness statement, notice of set down, taxing master reports, memorandums good standing certificate, and affidavits
- Relieving administrative personnel when needed
- Providing the right of appearance certificate and authentication certificates
- Filing, making appointments, and opening files
- Dealing with administration duties and other public queries
Moreover, in order to make yourself eligible for the position, these following requirements must have been fulfilled.
- The applicants must have Grade 12 or equivalent qualification as the minimum requirement
- Having the minimum typing speed of 35 wpm is a must
- Being able to show professionalism at work is essential
- Having the minimum of two years working experience in typing
- Having computer literacy especially in MS Office is necessary
- The applicants must have excellent communication skills in both verbal and written skills
- Having good interpersonal and public relation skills is compulsory
- Being able to work under pressure is necessary
- The applicants must have appropriate knowledge of legal or court environment
- Having proper telephone etiquette is compulsory
- Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Meanwhile, the presence of these following documents is also vital to ensure that you are qualified for work under The Office of the Chief Justice.
- A new and signed Z83 application form which is obtainable from dpsa.gov.za-vacancies/
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of all qualifications
- A certified copy of Identity Document (Copies of certified copy is unacceptable)
These documents need sending to The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X14, Vlaeberg, 8018. Besides, you can also hand deliver the applications to 30 queen Victoria Street, Cape Town.
What’s more, you have to indicate the position you are applying and also your reference number. Unless you are able to complete all the necessary documents, you will ruin your application processes.
Meanwhile, if you have not heard anything from the company three months after the closing date, you can consider your application unsuccessful. Also, no faxed or email application will be acceptable.
Only shortlisted candidates will get the correspondence. They must go through normal vetting and verification processes. Further, when they have been chosen by the company, they have to provide a proof of completion of the NSG Public Service Senior Management Leadership Programme Certificate to be able to enter the SMS.
Furthermore, you can contact Ms. M Baker or Ms. L Adams through phone call at (021) 469 4000.
Thus, the latest submission of the The Office of the Chief Justice application will be on 19 March 2021.