The Department of Public Works has committed to build environment sector by providing the strategic leadership for all the South African. Besides DPWI also contributes in providing the jobs to reduce the number of poverty alleviation in the country. One of ways is by offering the DPWI vacancies to work in Pretoria Regional Office.
This Department of Public Works and Infrastructure is currently opening up these vacancies for those who are interested to work in official offices in provincial department. If you wish to find more network and challenge yourself, you can try to apply for this position as an assistant admin officer. When you are curious to know more about this position, you can keep reading to find out more.
Table of Contents
Position: Assistant Admin Officer
Recruiter: Department of Public Works and Infrastructure
Location: Pretoria Regional Office
Salary: R208 584 per annum
Reference number: 2021/77
Moreover, these followings are the main duties of an assistant admin officer to handle every day.
- Writing submissions and reports
- Compiling requisitions for stationery
- Tracking and record keeping of invoices
- Processing contractor and consultant payments accurately
- Performing office administrative activities and capturing requisitions on the WCS System
- Administering office correspondence
- Drafting and typing documents
- Making arrangement for travelling and accommodation
- Administering trip authorization forms, S&T forms, fuel claims, and cell phone claims
Meanwhile, the applicants must have these requirements to make themselves qualify for the position of DPWI vacancies.
- Possessing Senior certificate or Grade 12 or equivalent is a must
- Having computer literacy in MS Office including Words, Excel, Power Point with the extensive relevant working experience is obligatory
- Being able to work under pressure is necessary
- Having the basic knowledge of treasury regulations and financial management is vital
- The applicants must have good communication skills for both verbal and written skills
- Having good interpersonal relation skills and telephone etiquette will be much preferable
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Furthermore, in order to facilitate the company get to know you more, you have to attach these following documents while applying.
- A signed form Z83 which is downloadable from any Public Service Department
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Recent certified copies of qualifications including Matric certificate and certificate of qualifications
- A valid driver’s license when necessary
- An certified copy of Identity Document
- SAQA evaluation certificate for foreigner
In addition, these documents can be sent to The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works Private Bag X229, Pretoria, 0001 or 251 Skinner AVN Building, Cnr Andries and Skinner Street Pretoria, for attention: Mr. A Mafa or Ms. K. Tlhapane.
Therefore, for those who are unable to complete these documents will get automatic disqualification from the recruiter. Moreover, the shortlisted candidates will go through some assessments of normal vetting and verification processes.
Further, the recruiter will not accept any faxed, email, and late application to be their consideration. Therefore, it is very important for the applicant to fulfill all the requirements for applying processes.
Thus, for more information, Mr. D Sewada is available to contact at (012) 310 5030.
The closing date for DPWI vacancies will be on 19 March 2021 at 16H00.