The Government Printing Works is now hiring for one Artisan position as a Graphic Designer. This open position is open for the Specialised Production within the hiring department. Anyone with at least a Grade 10 certificate is eligible to apply. Submit your application for the Artisan (Specialised Production) vacancy at Government Printing Works today if interested!
Table of Contents
Please quote the reference number of this post within your application form, GPW 19-03. This job offers an attractive salary that amounts to R 269 931 annually. The successful applicant will be positioned in Pretoria. Having a Grade 10 or equivalent qualification is compulsory in order to be eligible for this position. Furthermore, the aforementioned educational requirement must be accompanied by a completed apprenticeship as well as passed trade test in Electronic Origination or Pre-press in the printing industry. Having at least five years of post-qualification experience is also necessary.
The Artisan (Specialised Production) vacancy at Government Printing Works also requires all interested candidates to have the following skills and competencies:
- Ability in Apple Mac with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of commercialised printing as well as printing processes
- Proficiency on taking work from concept through to repro
- Advanced typing skills
- Planning, problem solving and organising skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of CTP is a must
Should you be in possession of a Grade 12 certificate, it would serve as an added advantage.
Key performance areas
Once you are qualified for the position, below are some of the general responsibilities you will be involved in:
- Be responsible for designing, typesetting and creating layout of jobs from concept to plates, along with colour retouching
- Be responsible for carrying out quality checking
- Be responsible for performing scanning of jobs (can operate scanner)
- Be responsible for impositioning of jobs as well as printing of plates
Applications must be directed by hand delivery to: The Branch: Human Resources, Government Printing Works, 149 Bosman Street, Pretoria
Or, alternatively, you can submit via post to: Private Bag X85, Pretoria, 0001
For attention: MS M Mbokane, Human Resources Tel No: 012 748 6296
Your application must include the following mandatory documents:
- A Z83 application form
- A CV which must detail all qualifications and experience with respective dates
- Certified copies of ID, qualifications and a valid driver’s license where required
- A SAQA evaluation report in case you have any foreign qualifications
Apply before February 1, 2019. No late nor incomplete submission will be taken into consideration.
The hiring department is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. This post intends to promote representativity. The candidature of applicants whose transfer/appointment/promotion will promote equality will be given preference.
All shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a selection interview at a time and date as determined by the employing department.
If you haven’t yet received any correspondence from the Government Printing Works within the three month timeframe after the deadline, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
For further information on Artisan (Specialised Production) vacancy at Government Printing Works, please contact: Ms H Masilo Tel No: (012) 748-6345