The Department of Water and Sanitation is now accepting applications for the Artisan Production position (Grade A). The successful incumbent will be positioned in Mthatha and working within the Integrated Data Collection directorate. This is a re-advertisement and previous candidates who are still interested in the Artisan Production Grade A vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation do not need to re-apply.
This position offers an attractive salary that is worth R 179 523 annually (OSD). Please include the reference number of this post within your application form, 220319/11. The vacant position is available within the Chief Operations Office in Eastern Cape. In order to be eligible, all interested candidates must be in possession of at least an appropriate Trade Test certificate (attach the certified copy within your application). Candidates are also required to have a valid driver’s license as well.
The following inherent requirements are a must:
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Decision making skills
- Team driven
- Responsiveness and customer focus
- Communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Organising and planning skills
The Artisan Production Grade A vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation comes with the following job desks:
- Responsible for rendering technical design, operation, production and maintenance services
- Responsible for producing designs according to client specification and in limits of production capacity
- Responsible for producing objects with equipment and material according to job specification and recognised standards
- Responsible for quality assurance of produced objects
- Responsible for inspecting equipment and facilitating technical faults
- Responsible for repairing equipment and facilities according to standards
- Responsible for testing repaired equipment and facilitating against specifications
- Responsible for serving equipment and facilitating according to schedule
- Responsible for quality assuring serviced as well as maintained equipment
- Responsible for performing administrative and related functions
- Responsible for submitting and compiling reports
- Responsible for providing inputs to the operational plan
- Responsible for maintaining and keeping job record or register as well as mentoring and supervising staff
- Responsible for continuous individual development to keep up with new procedures and technologies
How and When to Apply
Your application must be forwarded no later than March 22, 2019 via post to:
Eastern Cape (East London): Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to Private bag X 7485, King Williams Town, 5600
Or, submit via hand delivery at: the 2 Hargreaves Avenue, King William’s Town 5600.
For attention: Ms T Solwandle Tel No: 043 604 5476
Only submissions that contain the following documents will be considered:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID document, driver’s license and qualification
- A SAQA evaluation result of foreign qualifications if you have any
No faxed or emailed applications will be regarded. All sort of correspondence regarding this post will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. That being said, if the employing department has yet to send you any notifications in two months after the deadline has passed, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
The successful incumbent will be needed to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures, such as verification of qualifications.
For more information regarding the Artisan Production Grade A vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation, please contact: Mr. H Botha Tel No: 043 701 0376