Individuals with skills in Linguistics or interpreting field are now invited to apply for the Senior Court Interpreter vacancy at Magistrate Office Springbok. This vacant position is advertised by the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development and qualified incumbent will be stationed at the Magistrate Office Springbok. If you have what it takes to qualify, then apply today!
Table of Contents
Applicants must mention the reference number of this post within their application form, 24/18/NC. Kindly note that this is a re-advertisement post. Therefore, previous applicants who still show interest in this position are encouraged to re-apply. The successful incumbent will be the recipient of salary that ranges from R 242 475 to R 285 630 annually. Qualified applicant will also be required to sign a performance agreement. The minimum educational qualification for this job is a Grade 12 qualification or NQF level 4. Candidates must also accompany this educational qualification with at least three years of practical experience as a Court Interpreter.
The inherent knowledge and skills required for the Senior Court Interpreter vacancy at Magistrate Office Springbok are as follows:
- Knowledge of prescripts, policies, legislation, cultural diversity and court proceedings
- Driver’s license will be an advantage
- Proficiency in the following languages: English, Tswana, isiXhosa, and Afrikaans. The following languages will be an advantage: Tshivenda, isiZulu, xiTsonga, Sepedi and Sotho.
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Organisational and administration skills
- Ability to maintain interpersonal relations
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Key Performance Areas:
- Render interpreting services
- Translate legal documents as well as exhibits
- Develop terminology
- Help with the reconstruction of Court Records
- Render specific line as well as administrative support functions
- Supervise and control interpreters
Your application must contain the following important materials:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copies of ID, and qualifications
Forward your application no later than March 25, 2019 via post to: The Regional Head: Justice and Constitutional Development, Private Bag X6106, Kimberley, 8300
Or via hand delivery at: the New Public Buildings, (Magistrates Court) of Knight and Stead Streets, 7th floor, Kimberley, 8301
All candidates will be subjected to a Language Test.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, please also attach a SAQA evaluation report. Candidates who are also foreigners or hold dual citizenship must also provide the Police Clearance certificate which is issued from country of origin.
People with disabilities will be given reasonable accommodation, especially where a driver’s license is a necessity.
Applicant will complete a financial disclosure form as well as be needed to be subjected to a security clearance.
All sort of correspondence will strictly be limited to shortlisted incumbents only. If you haven’t heard from the hiring department in three months after the deadline has passed, you may assume your application as unsuccessful.
The employing department holds the full right not to fill this vacant position if deemed necessary.
For enquiries regarding the Senior Court Interpreter vacancy at Magistrate Office Springbok, please consult: Ms. C Mashibini Tel No: (053) 802 1300