The Department of Mineral Resources is now inviting applications for the Inspector position for Mine Equipment. The vacant position is available in Eastern Cape (Port Elizabeth). All candidates must quote the reference number of this post, DMR/19/0023, if interested. If you think you may qualify, then the Inspector (Mine Equipment) vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources is for you!
Table of Contents
This job offers an attractive level 11 salary that amounts to R 697 011 annually (all inclusive package). In order to be eligible for the position, the Department Mineral Resources requires applicants to be in possession of at least a Grade 12 certificate along with a Government Certificate of Competency (Mining) in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering. Furthermore, this qualification ideally should be accompanied by appropriate experience in the industry. However, should you happen to be a Professional Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical) then it’ll work in your favour. Additionally, candidates are required to be in possession of a valid code 08 driver’s license.
The Inspector (Mine Equipment) vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources also requires all interested candidates to be in possession of the following skills and competencies:
- Extensive knowledge of Mine Equipment used underground and surface, as well as on all types of mines
- Knowledge of Boilers, Winders, Chairlifts and Elevators
- Sound knowledge of Labour relations as well as human resources
- Electrical and mechanical engineering relevant to Mining Operations
- Communication skills
- Skills in analysing workload and work related issues and to implement and/or draft a strategy to ensure an enhancement
- Enforce the Mine Health and Safety Act, 1996 (act no 29 of 1996)
- Administer all mine equipment related activities
- Conduct safety audits and inspections on mine
- Conduct statutory inspections on mine equipment
- Evaluate codes of practices relevant to instructions and guidelines issued by Chief Inspector of Miners
- Render inquiries and investigations into accidents and establish latent causes
- Manage information systems
- Support and develop a transformation process in the regional office
All applications must be directed via post no later than March 25, 2019 to: The DirectorGeneral, Department of Mineral Resources, Private Bag X59, Arcadia, 0007
Alternatively, hand delivered applications are also acceptable to: Trevenna Campus, corner Mentjies and Francis Baard Street, former Schoeman.
No emailed or faxed submissions will be regarded.
Your application must contain:
- Z83 application form which must be completed in full legibly, accurately and be signed as well as dated
- Certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s license. The certification will only be accepted if it’s done in the last three months
- Non-RSA citizens must attach proof of citizenship
- A CV
- Three reference persons with these info: name, contact numbers and indication of the capacity in which they know the applicant
- A SAQA report of foreign qualifications if any
Reference checks will be conducted during the selection process.
Note that Coloureds, Women, Indians as well as individuals with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
For more information regarding the Inspector (Mine Equipment) vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources, please refer to: Mr T Doyle Tel No: (041 403 6607)