Applications are now invited for the Supervisor vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works. The position is available for technical support service (cleaning services). Anyone with an appropriate ABET qualification is welcome and encouraged to apply.
Table of Contents
The open position is available within the Department of Transport and Public Works within the Western Cape Government. The qualified incumbents will receive a level four salary amounting to R 136 800 per annum. The minimum educational requirement is an ABET qualification level 4. This qualification must be accompanied by at least two years of working experience in cleaning service environment.
- Basic supervisory experience
- Appropriate experience of cleaning and the use of cleaning equipment
The Supervisor vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works requires all candidates to have the following skills and competencies:
- Sound knowledge of waste control
- Knowledge of occupational Health and Safety Act
- Knowledge of relevant labour relation regulations
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in two or three official languages in the Western Cape
- Good organisational skills
Once you are qualified for the job, you will be involved in but not limited to the following key performance areas:
- Be responsible for supervising job and ensuring discipline
- Be responsible for coordinating cleaning and tea services
- Be responsible for undertaking regular inspections in and outside buildings
- Be responsible for coordinating recycle and waste control area
- Be responsible for assisting the administrative officer with order and control of cleaning materials, protective clothing and equipment
- Be responsible for all equipment on floors and in store
- Be responsible for reporting losses and breakages to the administrative officer
- Be responsible for giving informal training to the staff
- Be responsible for handling administrative functions related to the post
How and When to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, you can apply online here.
Hand delivery is only available from Monday to Friday (during office hours) from 08:00 until 17:00.
If you wish to hand deliver your application, please include the following documents within your application:
- Z 83 application form. please quote the reference number of this advert on this form, TPW 2018-329
- A CV
- Certified copy of ID, and all academic qualifications and other required qualifications
Submit to this address: Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront, Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville, 7530
Or, forward via post to: PO 5496, Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville, 7536.
Apply before January 28, 2019 in order to be considered.
Technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00 should you encounter any difficulties with your online application, contact the Helpline: 0861 370 202.
In case you need further information regarding the Supervisor vacancy at Department of Transport and Public Works, please feel free to forward your queries to: Ms W Groenewald at (021) 483 5423
Candidates from relevant local communities will be given preference. The selection process will also rely on the EE targets of the employing department.