Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Up to three Artisan Production Grade A positions are now open for applications. The Department of Public Works and Infrastructure within the Free State Government is inviting all interested candidates to apply for the position if interested. These Artisan Production Grade A vacancies at Department of Public Works and Infrastructure could provide you with advancement you need for your professional career.
The vacant position is available within the Works Construction and Maintenance directorate. Candidates are required to quote the relevant reference number of the post depending on the work location they wish to be stationed in:
- Thabo Mofutsanyane (PWI 19/15)
- Motheo / Xhariep (PWI 19/16)
- Fezile Dabi / Lejweleputswa (PWI 19/17)
All the future qualified incumbents will be entitled to a salary that amounts to R 179 523 annually (OSD). In order to be eligible for the position, applicants must be in possession of a completed Apprenticeship and passed Trade Test result in accordance with the Provisions of Section 13(2) (h) of the Manpower Training Act of 1981, as regulated. Alternatively, candidates may provide their Certificate that was issued under the Provision of the Repealed Section of 27 of the same Act. In addition, candidates are also required to have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act Number 85 of 1993).
The Artisan Production Grade A vacancies at Department of Public Works and Infrastructure come with the following duties:
- Maintenance, such as building new infrastructures
- Make sure that routine daily maintenance is rendered on all client departmental institutions
- Render day on day duties in terms of emergencies as well as normal maintenance as prescribed
- Comply to safety practice (OHS Act)
- Render other maintenance oriented duties and other essential services applicable to the position
- Keep good housekeeping in the workmanship
- Make sure that the machinery is maintained in good condition
- Compile material quantities per project
- Maintain tools
- Compilation and preparation of material lists
- Planning and organising activities and writing reports
- New and minor installations
- Manage tools, equipment and machinery used
- Render maintenance of all buildings
- Render construction work in all civil structures
- Render fabrication work in the workshops
- Make sure machinery in the workshop is well maintained and in good condition
- Manage tools, equipment and machinery and assess subordinates
The employing department a non-discriminating affirmative action employer. The filling of these posts is intended to promote representativity (disability, gender and race) in Free State Province. Applicants whose appointment will increase representativity will be given preference.
To apply for the Artisan Production Grade A vacancies at Department of Public Works and Infrastructure, you must submit a complete application no later than March 11, 2019 via post to: Public Works and Infrastructure, P.O Box 7551, Bloemfontein 9300 o
Or, via hand delivery to: the Foyer of O.R Tambo House where your application must be placed in the appropriately marked box at: Security Ground Floor, O.R Tambo House, St Andrews Street, Bloemfontein.
A complete application is one that contains:
- 83 application form
- A comprehensive resume
- Original certified copies of ID, and all qualifications
Note that qualification certificates must be original certified copies. If you have any foreign qualifications, please bring them to SAQA and attach an evaluation report within your application.
For further information, please refer to: Mr. M Ndlebe, Chief Director: Works Construction and Maintenance Tel No: 051 492 3908