Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Individuals who are looking for a career opportunity in clerical environment can now apply for the Archive Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence. The future qualified incumbent will be stationed at the Documentation Centre. Anyone with a Senior Certificate is eligible. Apply today if interested!
Please quote the reference number of this post within your application form, CMIS/21/19. This job offers an attractive level five salary which is worth R 163 563 annually. In order to be eligible for the position, all interested candidates are required to hold at least a Grade 12 certificate. No degree or national diploma is mandatory. However, it would serve as an advantage should you have a qualification in Archive and Records Management. Having at least one year of experience in registry, records or archive environment is necessary.
The Archive Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence also requires all applicants to have the following skills and competencies:
- Understanding and knowledge of information and archival related legislated (particularly the National Archives of South Africa Act, 1996: Act 43 of 1996) along with the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (Act of 2000)
- Training with regards to the handling of archives as well as the processing of archives
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organising and planning skills
- Computer literacy relevant to the use of MS Office application
Key Performance Areas:
- Be responsible for receiving archives transferred from Force Structure Elements (FSE’s) to the Department of Defence
- Be responsible for processing transferred archives according to prescribed procedures
- Be responsible for updating archival index list
- Be responsible for controlling the use of archival records
- Be responsible for retrieving archives requested for research by keeping records of records retrieved
- Be responsible for maintaining and storing supplemental archives
- Be responsible for reporting on execution of activities by submitting and compiling quarterly, monthly and annual reports
How and When to Apply
Applications for the Archive Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence must be forwarded via post no later than April 26, 2019 to: Department of Defence, CMIS Division Private Bag X161. Pretoria, 001.
Include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID and all qualifications
Submissions received after the above mentioned closing date will not be taken into consideration. This also applies to faxed copies. This vacancy post is meant for the perusal or attention of all interested individuals, whether they are officials or serving employees of the Public Service or Department of Defence, unemployed persons or individuals employed outside the Public Service. Those who are not employed by the Public Service or Department of Defence are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Should you wish to withdraw your application, please make sure that you have it done in writing. The future qualified applicant will be subjected to personnel Suitability Checks.
Should you need further information regarding this post, please refer to: Maj S.M.P. Maloka Tel No: (012) 355 5116 or WO1 S.A. McMaster Tel No: (012) 355 5670.