Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Defence is now opening two Cleaner II positions for all interested candidates. The future qualified incumbents will be stationed at Joint Operations, SA Special Forces, Special Forces Headquarters Unit, Pretoria and Joint Operations, SA Special Forces, 4 Special Forces Regiment, Langebaan, Western Cape. Anyone with at least an ABET (L1-4) qualification is eligible for the Cleaner II vacancies at Department of Defence.
Please quote the relevant reference number within your application form depending on which location you wish to be stationed at:
- Special Forces Headquarters Unit, Pretoria: JOPS/15/01
- Special Forces Regiment, Langebaan, Western Cape: JOPS/15/02
Both positions offer a level two salary which amounts to R 96 549 annually. In order to be eligible, all interested applicants are only required to hold an ABET qualification (level 1 – 4). No previous experience is mandatory but will be an advantage.
The special requirements needed for the Cleaner II vacancies at Department of Defence are as follows:
- Knowledge of a limited range of work procedures, e.g. equipment, cleaning, health and safety measures, work procedures as well as incident handling procedures
- Interpersonal relationship
- Basic numeracy
- Literacy and organising
- Must be physically fit
Key Performance Areas:
- Be responsible for rendering cleaning services in order to maintain a top level of hygiene around and in the work place by cleaning rest rooms, offices, bars, lounge, vehicles, and dining halls
- Be responsible for polishing and dusting tv rooms, washing windows, vacuuming carpets, removing refuse, sweeping floors and sweeping sidewalks
- Be responsible for forwarding requests for chemicals as well as cleaning materials to be used for execution of functions
- Be responsible for maintaining all machinery and equipment used and then reporting any defects
How and When to Apply
Should you be interested in the Cleaner II vacancies at Department of Defence, please forward your application to the respective addresses below:
- Pretoria centre: Department of Defence, Special Forces Headquarters Private Bag X888, Pretoria, 0185
For enquiries: Maj N.J. Mokhitlinyane Tel No: (012) 674 5822
- Western Cape centre: Department of Defence, 4 Special Forces Regiment, Private Bag X1, Langebaan, 7357. Western Cape
For enquiries: WO2 G.M. Engelbrecht Tel No: (022) 707 4515 or Ms M. Labuschagne Tel No: (022) 707 4503
Please include the following important documents within your application. Kindly note that only submissions that contain these materials will be taken into consideration:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copy of qualifications and ID
Please direct your application no later than April 26, 2019 in order to be regarded. All submissions received after the stipulated deadline will not be taken into consideration. This also applies to faxed copies.
This post is meant for the perusal or attention of all interested applicants, whether they are serving officials or employees of the Public Service or Department of Defence, persons employed outside the Public Service or unemployed individuals. Candidates who are not employed by the Public Service or Department of Defence are welcome and highly encouraged to apply.
In case you wish to withdraw your application, please have it done in writing.