The Rural Health Services chief directorate is now hiring for the Administrative Officer position for Supply Chain Management. The successful incumbent will be positioned at George Hospital. Anyone with a Grade 12 certificate is welcome to apply. If this Administrative Officer vacancy at George Hospital interests you, submit your application today!
Table of Contents
This job offers a salary that amounts to R 242 475 per annum. Having a Senior Certificate is mandatory for it will serve as a minimum educational qualification. Any equivalent qualification is also acceptable as long as there is Maths and/or accountancy as passed subject. Alternatively, your Senior Certificate qualification/equivalent can be accompanied by competencies or experience which focuses on the key performance areas of this post. The Administrative Officer vacancy at George Hospital also requires all applicants to have appropriate experience in Asset Management Supply Chain Management in a healthcare environment. Having extensive experience in Integrated Procurement System and LOGIS is also expected in order to be qualified for the job.
Required competencies and skills
- Practical knowledge of PFMA
- Extensive practical knowledge of Inventory (stores) management procedures, warehouse management as well as procurement processes in acquiring services and goods
- Practical knowledge of Provincial, National Treasury Regulations and the Accounting Officer’s system of the Department of Health which also includes delegations
- Verbal and written communication skills in two or three of the official languages governing the Western Cape
- Computer literacy (MS Package, LOGIS and IPS)
Once you are qualified for the Administrative Officer position, you will be expected to perform the following key result areas or outputs:
- Be responsible for handling asset management functions
- Be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective application of processes and policies in respect of asset management
- Oversee warehouse management and inventory control as well as the management of purchasing, logistics and contract management
- Be responsible for LOGIS system controller functions
- Close out and approve of events on Integrated Procurement System
- Compile monthly reports and Financial Statements and Disclosure Notes
- Provide training, supervision and development of staff within the Supply Chain Management component
How to Apply
Application for the Administrative Officer vacancy at George Hospital must be forwarded via post to: The Chief Executive Officer: George Hospital, Private Bag X6534, George 6530. FOR ATTENTION : Mr BH Cassim
Your application must contain:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Certified copy of educational qualifications, ID document and other relevant certificates
- A SAQA evaluation result of foreign qualification if any
Shortlisted applicants may be subjected to a competency test. Beware of fraud, no kind of payment will ever be required when applying for this vacancy.
Please make sure you submit your application no later than January 4, 2019 so as to be considered. No late submissions will be accepted.
It will also be expected that applicants be available for selection interviews on a time, date and place as determined by the hiring institution.
Should you need further information or require assistance, please refer to: Ms N Colburn Tel No: (044) 802-4315