DPSA is now hiring a suitable candidate to fill in the vacant position as the new Administrative Assistant. This job is available to any interested individual who holds at least a senior certificate or its equivalent qualification. If you think you’ve got the right qualification and appropriate experience then submit your application for the Administrative Assistant vacancy at the Department of Public Service and Administration today!
The qualified applicant will receive a salary that amounts R 163 563 annually (level 5). However, it is possible that there will be annual progression up to R 192 666/year. This change will depend on satisfactory performance. In order to be eligible for the Administrative Assistant vacancy at the Department of Public Service and Administration, candidates must possess a senior certificate/equivalent (NQFL 4). A suitable experience in human resource management and office administration is also compulsory. This job is located in Pretoria.
The department is looking for one who has the following attributes and skills:
- Client orientation focus
- Customer focus
- Problem solving skills
- Continued improvement
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in MS packages
- Efficiency in applying technical skills as well as knowledge in the immediate work situation
- Knowledge of the Supply Chain Management and Public Service Regulation processes
- Gather public service vacancy circular every week
- Receive adverts from the departments via email
- Peruse and analyse the adverts
- Liaise when needed with departments on the advert quality
- Conduct operational assistance related to the line function matters to other members within the component
- Compile basic reports and maintain databases
- Conduct routine advice to the stakeholders and departments on the recruitment policy of the public service especially in terms of the advertising of vacancies in the public service
- Conduct administrative duties in support of other line function works of the component
- Arrange meetings, type documents, book venues, prepare documents, take minutes and attend meetings
How to Submit an Application
Quote the reference number (DPSA/18/017) within your Z 83 application form and send it along with the other supporting documents below via post to:
Mr Thabang Ntsiko
Department of Public Service and Administration
Private Bag X916, Pretoria, 0001
Alternatively, you can also hand deliver it to:
546 Edmond Street, Batho Pele House, cnr Edmond and Hamilton Street, Pretoria, Arcadia 0001.
- Certified copy of ID document (certification must be within 6 month timeframe)
- A CV detailing the duration of appropriate experience. Please include 3 references with their names, contact number and indication of the capacity in which they know you
- Proof of citizenship for non-RSA citizen applicants
Emailed or faxed submission will not be considered. The closing date for the Administrative Assistant vacancy at the Department of Public Service and Administration is on September 25, 2018 and no late applications will be regarded either.
If you haven’t heard from the DPSA within 3 months after the deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
The hiring department reserves the right to require candidates to go through practical tests/exercises/competency evaluation during the selection process.
Should you need further assistance, please contact: Mr Sam Ntshangase, Tel No: 012 336 1262