Individuals who wish to pursue a career in secretarial environment can apply for the Secretary vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform. This job offer is available for the Quality Assurance and Administration directorate within the department. Relevant training course or senior certificate is enough to make you eligible for the position.
This position offers a level 6 salary amounting to R 196 407 per annum. The qualified candidate will be situated in Eastern Cape (East London). In order to be eligible, you need to hold a grade 12 or senior certificate. However, any other training qualification or course that enables you to perform the work satisfactorily is also acceptable. Furthermore, the Secretary vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform requires you to have previous relevant experience in a secretarial environment.
Job Related Knowledge
- Candidates must have advanced computer literacy such as Group Wise, MS packages, etc)
Job Related Skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Sound organisational skills
- Good people skills
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours and under pressure
- Good language skills
- Ability to communicate well with people from different background and at different levels
- Basic written communication skills
- High level of reliability
- Ability to act with discretion and tact
- Good presentation and grooming
Below are some of the job related tasks you will be involved in once you are qualified for the position.
- Conducts receptionist or secretarial support service to the director
- Receives telephone calls and refer to the relevant role players
- Events the diary
- Records appointments
- Type documents on a word processor for the manager and other staff
- Operate office equipment
- Render clerical support service to the director
- Lobby with travel agencies to arrange travel
- Arrange events and meeting for the manager and staff
- Invite role players, identify venues, set up schedules events and meetings as well as organise refreshment
- Process travel as well as subsistence claims for the unit
- Render document filling for the manager
- Draft routine reports and correspondences
Applications can be submitted online via the online recruitment portal. If you encounter any difficulties, technical support is available from Graylink at 8:30 until 17:00 (Monday- Friday) @ 086 137 0202.
Alternatively, you can also submit manually. If you do, please attach the following documents:
- Z 83 application form quoting the reference number of this advert (3/2/1/2018/281)
- CV with a comprehensive list of previous experience
- Certified copies of ID document, qualification, service certificates (for OSD post) as well as work permit/permanent residency (if applicable)
Applications for the Secretary vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform must be submitted no later than September 21, 2018 at 16.00. no late or incomplete application will be regarded.
Manual application can be submitted via post to: P.O.Box 1716, East London, 5201
It can also be hand delivered to: Moors Street, Ocean Terrace, Block H Quigney 1st Floor, East London, 5201.
NOTE : Coloured, African, Indian and White males and Indian and White females as well as disabled persons are encouraged to apply