Students from disadvantaged backgrounds who need help to fund their studies are welcomed to apply for the Western Cape Provincial Treasury bursary program 2018. This award is intended to help students who wish to pursue either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree and equip students with required skills needed in the job force.
Table of Contents
The Western Cape Government provides services and creates laws for the people living in the province. The Western Cape Government work together with the Western Cape municipalities as well as the national government to make sure that society has access to facilities, information and services. The Western Cape Provincial Treasury aims to achieve good financial governance. This year, students between the age of 17 and 35 years old are encouraged to apply for the Western Cape Provincial Treasury bursary program 2018 should they wish to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree. This external bursary program aims to help disadvantaged and deserving students to fulfil their financial obligations for their studies. The programs that are available for funding are as follows:
Candidates must meet all the following entrance requirements in order to be eligible for the award. Please note that if you fail to satisfy all these criteria then your application will not be considered.
- Candidates must be South African citizens
- Must be older than 17 years old and younger than 35 years old
- Must reside in the Western Cape
- Must be current matric students or have completed matric
- Must intend on studying or currently studying as a full time student in an undergraduate or postgraduate program mentioned above
- Previous year of study must have achieved at least overall average of 60%
- Postgraduate applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned study programs
- Must not be the recipient of another bursary
- Students with disabilities are welcomed and encouraged to apply
How to Submit an Application
The closing date for this call is on September 28, 2018. It is your responsibility to ensure your submission is timeous and is done properly. Please commence your application here. Prior to applying, make sure you have the following important documents ready for submission.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of matric certificate (if completed matric) or latest matric results (for current matric students)
- Certified copy of tertiary academic results if currently studying at tertiary level or certified copy of diploma or degree certificate if already obtained
- Proof of acceptance letter or tertiary application letter
- Motivation letter outlining your reasons why you deserve this bursary
- Certified copy of proof of household income (affidavit if unemployed or latest payslips if employed
Correspondence for the Western Cape Provincial Treasury bursary program 2018 will be limited to shortlisted candidates only, and will be acknowledge by November 30, 2018 at the latest. If you haven’t received any feed back by then then consider your application as unsuccessful.
Should you need further information, please refer to:
Nicolaas van Aarde
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 021 483 3040