Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
South African students who have performed excellently in their academic career now have the chance to apply for the makhuduthamaga Local Municipal Bursary 2019. This program aims to fund outstanding students who otherwise couldn’t fulfil their financial obligations without the bursary. This call is open to pursue undergraduate degree for anyone who has finished Matric.
The Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality is located within the Limpopo Province, in exactly the Sekhukhune District Municipality. It falls within category B4 municipality and is bordered by Fetakgomo, Elias Motsoaledi, Lepelle Nkumpi and Ephraim Mogale municipality. Makhuduthamaga actually means “executives” which is a term used for the Fetakgomo movement in the 50s. This rural municipality is powered by traditional land ownership and has a population of over 270,000 people and more than 65,000 households. The Makhuduthamaga Local municipality is spread over an area of over 2000 sqm and Sepedi is the main language spoken across the region.
This year, the local government is pleased to offer the makhuduthamaga Local Municipal Bursary 2019 for excellent and deserving students who wish to pursue their tertiary qualification. This award is available to pursue the following undergraduate programs:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Town and Regional Planning
- Environmental and Waste Management
- Accounting (Bcom)
The successful candidates will receive coverage for the following expenses: registration and tuition fees, accommodation in residence, meals and study materials.
In order to be fully eligible for this award call, applicants must satisfy the following entry requirements:
- Candidates must have proven financial need
- Candidates must possess excellent academic record
- Candidates must be South African citizens
- Candidates must reside in the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality jurisdiction area
- Must have completed Matric
- Must plan on studying or be studying as full time students in one of the fields of study mentioned above at a registered and accredited South African tertiary institute (undergraduate program)
Interested candidates must provide the following important documents within their application:
- An application form
- Certified copy of ID document, June academic report and progress report or matric certificate
- Evidence of residence
- Provisional acceptance or acceptance letter from the tertiary institution
- Certified copy of parents or guardians ID documents
- Proof of income of parents or guardians such as latest payslips or sworn affidavit
The application form as well as the supporting documents must be attached as one. Note that, if there is any missing document, it will result in your application not being regarded.
Please submit via one of the following methods:
Private Bag X434
2) Hand delivery:
Municipal Head Office
1 Groblersdal Road
Please submit your application no later than January 2, 2019. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be taken into consideration. Therefore, it is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure timely and complete submission.
In case you wish to know more information and have any questions related to the makhuduthamaga Local Municipal Bursary 2019, please refer to the municipality directly:
For attention: HR Development
Email: [email protected]a
Tel: 013 265 8619