Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are looking forward to continuing your education to PhD degree, taking part in this Wits University Pre-PhD Internship program can be a great solution. This full time program is taking place at Wits University in Johannesburg, South Africa. Naturally, all the candidates need to meet the standard requirements for the admission and the internship program. But with this opportunity alone, there is a possibility that not only you can continue to a higher PhD level but you also be able to gain special knowledge and experience from it.
About the Program
The CHP (Center for Health Policy) and the CHSR&D (Center for Health System Research & Development) are working together with the commitment to build health policy and also system research capacity. They offer a supportive and positive environment emphasizing skills and mentorship development.
They are offering 3 research internship positions for the entry preparation to a PhD program that is supported by the NRF SARCH bursary. The internship will last for one year whereas the PhD programs will last for 3 years. Two interns would be placed at CHP department at Wits whereas one would be placed at CHSR&D at Free State University. Interns would be working in one of the subjects of digital health, mental health care with community-based system, and quality of health.
Here are the standard basic requirements for the intern for this Wits University Pre-PhD Internship program.
- They must be the citizens or permanent residents of South Africa
- They must have a relevant Master degree within the subjects of Development Studies, Public Health, Economics, Political Science, and Sociology
- Candidates with good and solid knowledge in Health Policy, Health Systems, or Public Health will have the extra advantage
- They must have good conceptual and writing skills
- They must be able to work together in a multi-disciplinary team
- They must be passionate about the subject and the program
- They must be determined and not be afraid to work hard
How to Apply
Be advised that the application letter and the supporting documents must be complete. Candidates need to submit everything via email. The supporting documents include:
- Certified copies of diplomas or degrees
- A certified copy of South African ID document
- A cover letter stating the reasons why they are interested within the subject and the position, including your preference of being based in Gauteng or in Free State
- An updated and detailed CV, including the information of contact details
- Names (as well as the contact details) of 3 references
- A short piece of a recent publication or written work where you are the first author
Be advised that everything (including the documents) must be complete. Any missing item will lead to the application not considered. And candidates must write ‘Pre-PhD Intern’ on the subject line (in the email). Without it, the application would be ignored. Please send everything to Bahihah Mohamed at [email protected] before February the 14th 2020.
Candidates who want to learn further about the Wits University Pre-PhD Internship program can contact Jane Goudge (Wits University) at [email protected] or 011 717 3445 or 083 616 0041, or Michele Engelbrecht (Free State) at [email protected] at 051 4012181 or 083 304 8182.