Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you want to gain Trade expertise and skills, you should consider taking a part in Assmang Learnership program that will take place in Kuruman, South Africa. This full time program is offered in several subjects, where each one would require certain specifications and requirements to screen potential candidates. Through the program, you can gain valuable knowledge as well as professional working experience that will enrich your quality in the future.
About the Program
The Manganese Division has opened opportunities for Assmang Learnership (Apprenticeship) program for 2020 period. The program is focused on Trades discipline that will take place in the company’s Black Rock Mine Operations, located around 80 kilometers of Northwest of Kuruman, which is in Northern Cape region.
The General Requirements
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have completed Grade 12 with Science and Maths
- They must have a valid driver license Code B or EB
- They must be medically fit and healthy
- They must have good communication and interpersonal skills (both in verbal and written forms)
- They must have good English literacy
- They must have Dover B symbol
- They must pass Technical Test Battery Assessment
- Preferences would be given to candidates from previously disadvantaged groups.
The learnerships are offered in various subjects and each of them has their own requirements:
- Auto Electrician. They must have N2 qualification within these subjects: Electrical Theory, Engineering Science, Mathematics (NOT Mathematics Literacy), Motor Electrical Theory, and Engineering Drawing
- They must have N2 qualifications with these subjects: Engineering Drawing, Engineering Science, Fitting and Machining Trade Theory, and Mathematics (NOT Mathematics Literacy).
- They must have N2 qualifications with these subjects: Platers Trade Theory, Plating and Structural Drawing, Engineering Science, and Mathematics (NOT Mathematics Literacy).
- Instrumentation Mechanician. They must have N3 qualifications with these subjects: Strength and Structure of Materials, Mathematics (NOT Mathematics Literacy), Instrumentation Trade Theory, and Industrial/Digital Electronics (Instruments only).
How to Apply
All of the applications can be sent to [email protected] or within the Main Guard House. Be sure that each applicant to each subject to specify clearly of which position they want to apply for. Also make sure that they meet the qualifications.
Besides application letter, candidates are expected to provide the supporting documents. The information about what documents to provide isn’t clear but they are generally:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
- An updated CV
The company isn’t obligated to employ or hire the learners after they have completed the training program. However, it is possible that the company sees potential qualifications that finally may lead them to employ those candidates.
The deadline is on February the 14th 2020. Any late submission will lead to the application not considered for the screening. Be advised that the company will contact the shortlisted candidates, so if they haven’t been contacted within 3 weeks (21 days) after the closing date, then they should consider their applications to be unsuccessful. And in the event that there is no potential candidate available, the company has the right not to appoint. Candidates who still want to learn about this Assmang Learnership program can visit the official website.