For those of you who live and settle in Western Cape and currently need to find a job, WesternCape.gov.za vacancies are the best solution you can depend on. Working as a child and youth care worker will help you find your truly interests. What about not having any experience? No problem, since there are two grade that all applicants can choose. In fact, apply these vacancies only when you have met all the requirements. For further information, you can keep on reading this following detail.
Position: Child and Youth Care Worker
Recruiter: Western Cape Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning
Location: Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government
Grade 1: R140 958 – R157 245 per annum
Grade 2: R166 830 – R187 758 per annum
Reference number: DSD 94/2021
Having felt interested in participating in WesternCape.gov.za vacancies, all applicants must have understood all the duties the position has. Hence, here are the responsibilities to be dealing with, as follows.
- Receiving children and youth to the care facility after admission
- Managing engagement, assessment, plant of action, and implementation of developmental and recreational programs
- Monitoring and evaluating the developmental and recreational programs
- Doing the referral of professional services including appointment register, observation book, and occurrence book
- Enhancing participation of the learners at the facility in sport, recreation, arts and culture programmes and services
- Assisting the Continuous Professional Development
- Also, performing administrative work and clerical functions as required
In addition, to be able to qualify for WesternCape.gov.za vacancies, all applicants must have met these following requirements.
- Having the minimum of Grade 12 qualification or Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification is non-negotiable
- For Grade 1, having no experience is acceptable. However, for Grade 2, having the minimum of 10 years appropriate experience in Child and Youth Care Work after having obtained the required qualification is compulsory
- Having relevant qualification that allows doe SACSSP and registration with the SACSSP as Child and Youth Care Worker is recommended
- The applicants must have the knowledge of Developmental programme, clerical or administrative processes and procedures, and also rules and procedures of the care centre
- Being able to intervene, resolve conflict, and work with children in conflict with the law is obligatory
- The applicants must have planning and organizing skills, problem solving skills, and communication skills in both written and verbal
- Being able to conduct himself or herself in a respectful manner while dealing with clients is essential
- Lastly, the applicants must have proven computer literacy
Furthermore, apart from the aforementioned requirements, all applicants also have to complete their applications by attaching these compulsory documents.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of qualifications
- An identity document
- Certified copies of academic reports
Consequently, in order to apply for WesternCape.gov.za vacancies, you can apply for them online at www.westerncape.gov.ca/jobs. Alternatively, www.westerncapegov.erecruit.co is also available to help all applicants in applying for the position.
Additionally, had you any enquiries about the recruitment, you can contact Mr. EJ Buys at (021) 986 9101.
Finally, the closing date of WesternCape.gov.za vacancies submission will be on 2 August 2021.