If you have the passion in social activities and work, then you need to consider applying for Western Cape Social Work Services position that is open and made available for the potential and promising candidates. Based on the tracking number of DSD 15/2020 and reference number of WCG200318-1, the appointed candidate would be placed at Social Development Department.
About the Position
Social Development Department of Western Cape is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Social Worker that will promote human relationship problem solving ability, social change, and also people’s liberation empowerment to improve the social growth and well-being.
This permanent Western Cape Social Work Services position is offered for promising candidates who want to start off their career in Hesseque in Western Cape area. The person would be responsible for rendering a social work service related to support, care, development, and protection of vulnerable groups and communities. They should also attend matters resulting in social stability.
To qualify as potential candidate for this position, the candidates must meet these requirements:
- They must be the citizen of South Africa
- They must have a (formal) tertiary qualification within Social Work allowing professional registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions – they must be the Bachelor of Social Work
- They must register with South African Council for Social Service Professions as the Social Worker
- They must have a valid driving license code B
These are the extra experience requirement based on the grade:
- For Grade 1, candidates don’t need to have any experience
- For Grade 2, candidates must have at least 10 years of related Social Work experience after registering as a Social Worker
- For Grade 3, they must have at least 20 years of related Social Work experience after registering as a Social Worker
- For Grade 4, they must have at least 30 years of related Social Work experience after registering as a Social Worker
Candidates who have these extra qualifications can enjoy the benefits:
- They must have the knowledge of relevant policy, prescripts, and legislation
- They must have the knowledge of supervision framework for the Social Workers
- They must have the knowledge and also understanding of social systems and human behavior
- They must have the knowledge and information of management, including concerning professional and protocol ethics
There are different remunerations offered for different grades:
- For Grade 1, the offered salary is between R257 592 and R298 614
- For Grade 2, the offered salary is between R316 794 and R363 801
- For Grade 3, the offered salary is between R384 228 and R445 425
- For Grade 4, the offered salary is between R472 551 and R581 178
The salary includes medical assistance, pension-fund contributions, basic salary, housing assistance, 13th cheque, etc
How to Apply
Application process will take place online. Interested candidates must visit this link if they want to apply for the position. They will have to follow the directions, as well as providing the needed supporting documents.
The deadline is on April the 14th 2020. Candidates who still have further questions about the Western Cape Social Work Services position can contact Ms K Jobela at 044 690 3943.