If you are interested in IT and you want to start off a career in the field, then the Mpumalanga IT Internship program at Scatec Solar Africa Ltd can be a perfect option for you. If you take part in the program, you can obtain the needed knowledge and skills as well as getting the direct applied professional experience to set you off at the right career track. This internship program is a part of part time and temporary position that is designed within a fixed term position at the company.
About the Program
Scatec Solar is the company that is focusing on solar energy – and they are always seeking actively in new markets within the global scope. The company has extensive experience and also knowledge in building, operating, and developing solar power plants. They value competent and qualified global workforce with the purpose of delivering sustainable and competitive solar energy system as well as protecting the environment while improving life quality in general. The company has existed in Asia, America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
The appointed candidate will be placed in Thembisa, in Mpumalanga. The main responsibility of the intern is to provide and offer support (and also assistance) to IT Manager as well as the rest of the team. The intern would also help with wide ranges of duties connected to IT compliance, support, and administration. It is also possible that they will have to help with the team of Global IT with different kinds of projects.
Through the program, candidates will be exposed to interesting position as well as continuous challenges – setting them as a part of international, diverse, and flexible working environment. They will be a part of highly committed and competent teams and colleagues with positive instinct and drive to create a difference. Candidates would be a part of an environment that is working together, committed to driving results, predictable, and a developing changemaker. The program is set as a 6-month project
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
- Creating users accounts
- Assigning permissions and licenses
- Repairing as well as replacing equipment – when needed
- Giving IT introduction to (new) users
- Setting up computers
- Providing on-site supports
To qualify for this Mpumalanga IT Internship program, the candidates must:
- They must be the citizen of South Africa, especially in Mpumalanga area
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
- They must have completed Grade 12 or Matric – and have the certificate
- They must have National Diploma or Degree in Science or Information Technology
- They must have intermediate knowledge in computer, especially in PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Word
- They must be fluent in English, in both spoken and written form
- They don’t have to own any previous working experience. But if they have past experience in IT administration, it can be advantageous
How to Apply
Application will take place online where candidates must visit the appointed link to complete the application form. They have to visit this link, follow the direction, and submit it as soon as possible. There is no information about the deadline so candidates are expected to send their application for this Mpumalanga IT Internship program as soon as possible.