If you are interested in getting a new challenge in one of the government’s department or office, then the position of Western Cape Labor Relations can be an ideal one. This position requires a qualified person with the required abilities and competency to manage the position. It isn’t an easy task or position because the candidate will have to face continuous challenges, but it would be the perfect one for those who are open to challenges and obstacles.
Table of Contents
About the Position
The appointed candidate will be placed in Cape Town and offered a salary of R733 257 an annum. The person will be responsible for the given tasks and perform the required jobs set by the standard.
To qualify for the Western Cape Labor Relations position, they must meet these requirements:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
- They must have at least 3 year Diploma or Degree in Labor Relations, Public Management, or Human Resource Management
- They must have an extensive experience in the management – as well as handling (and managing) all misconduct grievances and matters. They must also be able to chair and initiate disciplinary hearings related to conflict management within various level
- They must have valid driver’s license Code EB/B
- They must be willing and able to travel
- They must have a deep understanding and also knowledge within all relevant labor legislation that are related to misconduct matters
- They must be able to chair and initiative disciplinary hearings
- Knowledge of all relevant collective agreements regulating the management of misconduct matters and grievances within the public sector. Initiating and chairing of disciplinary hearings.
- They must have impressive written and communication skills
- They must be able to manage conflict well – having the skills
- They must be able to promote good and positive relations with the stakeholders, including the organized labor
- They must have the knowledge in research methodology that is combined together with good analytical skills
- They must have a good computer literacy skill as well as presentation skill
- They must have the knowledge of staff management
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Duties
The appointed candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing all mandated misconduct and formal procedures and processes to ensure policy compliance, consistency, and fairness
- Providing capacity building related to all labor relations matters that go along to the workplace skill plan
- Providing various and different accurate statistical reports to the external and internal stakeholders within a monthly basis and on the stipulated timeframes.
- Managing protest, picket, and strike in the department
- Dealing with effective staff management
- Facilitating and managing mandated resolutions of all collective and individual grievances within stipulated timeframes
How to Apply
Interested candidates will have to go through the online application process. They must go to www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs to complete the form. Just choose ‘online applications’ and complete the whole procedure.
The deadline is on April the 17th 2020. Make sure to complete the procedures and submit the application before the deadline. Candidates who have further questions about the Western Cape Labor Relations position can contact Mr RJ Roman at 021 4835089