Are you passionate in working and dealing with children? Although some people might think that being around with children can be annoying, in contrast, for some people it can be an interesting thing to explore with them. Besides, sometimes we can also learn from these kinds as well. When you want to work around children, probably working as a child and youth care worker will fit you well.
Table of Contents
Position: Child and Youth Care Worker
Recruiter: Western Cape Department of Agriculture
Location: Various location
Grade 1: R140 958 – R157 245 per annum (OSD as prescribed)
Grade 2: R166 830 – R187 758 per annum (OSD as prescribed)
Reference number: DSD 32/2021
The position of a child and youth care worker has so many duties to handle professionally. Moreover, here are some duties that a child and young care worker needs to deal with.
- Receiving the children and youth to the care facilities after admission including engagement, assessment, implementation of developmental and recreational programs
- Monitoring and doing the evaluation of the developmental and recreational programs
- Maintaining referral of professional services including appointment register, occurrence book, and observation book
- Enhancing the participation of the learners at the Facility in sport, art and culture, and also recreation programme and services
- Performing administrative work and clerical functions when necessary
- Doing Continuous Professional Development
Furthermore, to be eligible for this position, all applicants must have these following requirements.
- Having grade 12 qualification or Senior certificate or equivalent qualifications is a must
- For the grade 1 , having no working experience is acceptable
- For grade 2, having the minimum of ten years working experience in the Child and Youth Care Work after required qualification
- The application must have relevant qualification which allows for the registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) including the registration with the SACSSP as a registered child and youth care worker
- Having the knowledge of Developmental programme, clerical or administrative process and procedures, and also rules and procedure of the care center is compulsory
- Having the ability to work with children that are in conflict with the law is essential
- Being able to show respectful manner when dealing with clients
- Having communication skills in both written and verbal is vital
- Having proven computer literacy is obligatory as well
In addition, it is compulsory to complete your application by providing these following documents during your registration.
- A completed and signed Z83 form which is obtainable from westerncape.gov.za/jobs
- Copies of qualifications
- Certified copies of academic reports
Moreover, for applying for the position advertised, the applicants can submit the application online at www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs. The recruiter will not accept any applications sent through physical address or hand delivery.
What’s more, the applicants who have been shortlisted will have to attend some interviews based on a time and date that have been determined before. When you fail to complete the requirements above, you will get automatic disqualification from the recruiter.
Had you some queries or questions related to the position of child and youth care worker, you can contact Mr. M Benting through phone call at (021) 931 0236.
No application is acceptable after 29 March 2021.