Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Health in Western Cape is offering a vacant position for Primary Health Care Assistant Manager Nursing to join the team. If you are always interested in the medical health sector and you want to work in one of the government’s department, then this would be your chance.
About the Position
Based on the Reference number of MHS22/2020, the Primary Health Care Assistant Manager Nursing position will be permanent. Candidates would be placed at Goodwood CDC.
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
- They must have the Basic R425 qualification such as a Diploma or Degree in Nursing – or the similar qualification allowing registration with the SANC (South African Nursing Council) as a Professional Nurse
- They must also have a post-basic special qualification, along with at least 1 year duration within Curative Skills in Primary Health Care. It should be accredited and go along with SANC.
- This application is only open for candidates from Western Cape Provincial Government
- They must be registered as Professional Nurse with SANC
- They must be fluent in at least two official languages of Western Cape that may include Afrikaans, Xhosa, and English
- They must have a valid driver’s license in Code B or Code EB
- They must also be able to attend to community’s requirements or needs after hours
In terms of experience, the candidates must:
- Have at least 10 years of recognizable experience in nursing after being registered as Professional Nurse (within General Nursing).
- Have at least 6 years of referred period (in the mentioned subject) to be appropriate experience after getting the one year post-basic qualification.
- Have at least 3 years of referred period (in the mentioned subject) to be appropriate experience within the appropriate experience in management level
In terms of skills and knowledge, candidates must:
- Have proven and solid leadership abilities
- Have the knowledge for Public Sector legislation
- Have a good people management and interpersonal skills
- Have a good computer literacy – at least master the MS Office
How to Apply
Application will take place online. All interested candidates must visit this link so they can complete the application form. Be advised that candidates would have to go through competency test as well as thorough checking if they are chosen as shortlisted candidates. They are subject to further checks and examinations, including criminal record checking, security clearance, previous employment history, and qualification verification.
They must be willing to attend the interview sessions based on the date and time, and also the venue, set by the Department. Candidates will have to bring the supporting documents that include certified copies of ID document, qualifications, driver’s license, and/or registration proof within the (relevant) statutory body. If they fail to meet this requirement, their application would be automatically be ignored and disqualified.
The deadline is on March the 6th 2020 at 12 AM noon. Any late submission will lead to your application automatically rejected. Candidates who want to learn more about the Primary Health Care Assistant Manager Nursing position can contact Mr AE Patientia at (021) 815 8894.