Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Environmental Affairs is offering a vacant position for Senior Occupational Health and Safety Officer to join the team. Based on the reference number of EP 18/2019, the selected candidate would be placed in Kimberly, in Northern Cape region. There are many requirements that candidates must meet if they want to qualify for the position. It’s because the Department wants to make sure that they only get the best and the most potential candidates.
About the Position
In general, the Senior Occupational Health and Safety Officer is responsible for taking regular occupational safety, health, and also environment compliance site audits, inspections, and assessments in the legislative framework. The candidate is offered a salary of R316 791 per year.
There are several requirements that all candidates must meet to qualify for this Senior Occupational Health and Safety Officer position. They are:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charge
- They must have a 3-year National Diploma within Occupational Health and Safety subject or within Risk, Environmental, or Quality Management or the equivalent qualification
- They must have 2 or3 years of experience within the relevant field along with extensive experience in program or project of compliance and implementation assessment as well as in safety planning
- Candidates who register with SACPCMP will have an advantageous point
- Candidates who have the experience in ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 will have the advantage too
- Candidates with knowledge within all the legislation (like Departmental prescripts and procedures, Public Service Act, and Public Finance Management Act) will have the advantage
It would be helpful if candidates can have these extra qualities:
- They have good report writing and communication skills
- They are computer literate
- They have good skills in empowerment, change management, and people handling
- They have a valid and legit driver’s license
- They are willing to work long hours and travel
- They are able to accomplish their work perfectly with very minimal supervision
The Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend OH&S meetings to perform corrective actions and monitor compliance
- Make sure COID compliance
- Complete the risk assessments, task assessments, and also (major) incidents investigations, as well as determining the mitigation measures that are crucial and needed for the (OH&S) interventions
How to Apply
Candidates will have to download Z83 form and fill it out completely. After they are done, they must sign it. They must submit it along with certified copies of ID documents, driver’s license, qualifications, and also a copy of updated and comprehensive CV.
They must submit the application to Department of Environment Forestry and Fisheries Director-General, Private Bag X447, Pretoria 0001. Another alternative is to hand deliver it to Environment House, 473 Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria. Any late, faxed, or emailed application would be automatically disregarded.
You can check this link to learn about the position. The deadline is on March the 16th 2020. Candidates who want to learn more about the Senior Occupational Health and Safety Officer position or they still have questions about it can contact Mr M Talip at Human Resource Management 021 441 2769.