Property management and document filing are administrative work that requires detailed attention and meticulous work – and this is why the Western Cape Property Department is offering a position of Administrative Officer for Valuation and Property Rates. With the tracking number of LG 2019-38 and reference number of WCG190612-1, the position is offered to those with deep passion and strong interest in property management.
About the Position
The vacancy for Administrative Officer for Valuation and Property Rates is created as a permanent job that will be located in Cape Town in Western Cape area. The person will be a part of local department staff where he/she will receiver salary level 7 that can reach up to R 257 508 per year.
The position is made to provide an access to the competent and potential individual to help the assistant director to monitor the valuation compliance and implementation related to property rates legislation (by municipalities). The individual is expected to provide help and support whenever needed.
There are several basic requirements that candidates need to meet in order to qualify for the Administrative Officer for Valuation and Property Rates position. Keep in mind that there are some specific requirements related to the position as well. The requirements include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have the appropriate Diploma or Certificate – meaning 1 or 2 year of post-school qualification or even higher
- If they have at least 3 years of relevant administrative experience, it would be an advantage
The extra requirements include:
- They must have the proven experience within budget administration or financial management – supply chain management would be accepted too
- They must have an extensive working knowledge as well as the office administration experience
- They must have a solid and valid driving license code B
The candidate is expected to meet their responsibilities, which may include:
- To perform general and daily administrative tasks, including faxing, copying, filing, and typing
- To update database register, including handling the outgoing and also incoming correspondence with the current and also relevant tracking system
How to Apply
Candidates need to understand that the only way to take part in the program is through the online application that will take place at this site. Emailed, hand delivered, or faxed applications won’t be considered – they are automatically be ignored. Candidates need to log into the site so they can register and create an account. They will be required to complete the application form and also provide the supporting documents along the way.
These are the general supporting documents required for the application although they aren’t limited to the documentation only, such as:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
Deadline is on January the 20th 2020. In the event that candidates experience issues during the application submission, they can contact the helpline at 0861 370 202. Candidates who still have questions or inquiries about this Administrative Officer for Valuation and Property Rates position can reach out to Ms MB Cloete at (021) 483 4235.