Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are interested in community work and you also want to bridge the gap between the government and its people, then the position of Community Development Worker would be the best option for you. With the reference number of WCG191126-9 and the tracking number of LG 2019-42, this position is expected to bring people together. The candidate would be placed within Local Government department. Since it is a permanent position where the candidate would be located in Lotus River in Western Cape, the candidate should get salary level 6 that can reach up to R 208 584 per year.
About the Position
Western Cape Local Government is opening a position in their department for the potential and promising candidates. They are inviting competent and qualified individuals to work together, mobilize, coordinate, help, and inform communities within Western Cape with the provided access. The position is created to communicate and identify people’s needs and convey their messages to national, local, and provincial government level. It is aimed to bring the government closer to its people, especially in Western Cape area.
There are several basic and general requirements that candidates need to address in order to be qualified for this Community Development Worker position in Western Cape. There are also several specific requirements that they need to follow. The requirements are:
· The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
· They must have completed Grade 12 or the equivalent qualification
· They must have Matric or Senior Certificate
· If candidates have at least 2 years of experience within community development, it would be an added bonus
The extra requirements include:
· They must have a solid understanding of community circumstances and needs
· They must have a certificate in Community Development Leadership
· They must have a valid and legit driving license code B
· They must have working and proven knowledge of state programs and functions
Preferences and priorities would be given to applicants from local communities
The candidate would be responsible for several things, including:
· To help and inform communities with the access to provided services
· To determine communities’ needs and then to communicate it to the related structures
· To promote network as well as enhancing the existing local community’s activities that are aimed to improve service delivery
· To compile documents and reports on issues, progress, taken actions, and also outcomes
How to Apply
All candidates must be advised that application will take place online – there are no other methods required for the application and further screening process. Candidates are expected to visit this link and they need to create an account in order to log into the site. Once they are within the site, they need to complete the application form along with the supporting documents.
The supporting documents may include these documentation but not limited to them only, such as:
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
- A certified copy of Matric or Senior certificate
- Certified copies of (other) qualifications
- An updated CV
- Positive recommendation or reference letter
The deadline is on January the 20th 2020. Keep in mind that late application submission will be ignored – followed by automatic rejection. Further questions about the Community Development Worker position can be addressed to Mr M Bell at (021) 483 3039.