Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Western Cape Department of Treasury is offering a position as Economist in their Provincial Government Budget Office with reference number of CWG191129-7 and tracking number of PT 2019-50. The position is open for those wanting to have a professional career in the economy and financial sector – and they aren’t afraid of challenges.
About the Position
There are 3 available positions for Economist within Western Cape Department of Treasury. It is a permanent position located in Cape Town in Western Cape. They will get salary level 11 (reaching around R 733,257 per year) with some benefits and perks.
The purpose of the job is to promote and help economic growth as well as promoting effective financial allocation for the resources. The individuals will also provide research, advice, and analysis whose function is to inform the provincial budget preparation. They will also be responsible for budget implementation monitor. All of the posts are available in Cape Town.
In order to be qualified for the position, the candidates are expected to meet the general, as well as specific requirements. They include:
· The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
· They must have the appropriate and right Honors Degree qualification
· They have at least 3 years of management experience within Policy Research, Budgeting, Economics, Strategic Planning, or Policy Analysis environment
· They must have a valid and official driving license code B
· Candidates with Master Degree would have a plus benefit
· Candidates must not have any criminal record
· They must have the interest and also passion in applied economic policy setting or environment
The three economists of Western Cape Department of Treasury will be responsible for:
· Consolidating, compiling, and managing annual budget policy
· Driving the MTEF (Medium Term Expenditure Framework) as well as the annual budgeting process
· Conducting economic analysis and research, including policy and budget trends and also issues to provide solid information about provincial budget allocations and budget policy
· Assessing, evaluating, and monitoring budget implementation to provide information concerning resource and planning allocation
· Providing expert support and advice to Departments and also public entities regarding policy and legislation requirements of provincial process and budgets
How to Apply
Interested candidates need to understand that their application will take place online and other methods won’t be encouraged or supported. Candidates need to log into this site and they need to create an account. They need to complete the application form as well as providing the supporting documents. The documents are in general, but not limited to:
- A certified copy of South African ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
- A comprehensive and updated CV
- A certified copy of academic records
Shortlisted candidates would be contacted for interview session. The deadline is on January the 20th 2020. Late application won’t be considered – leading to your application would be automatically rejected. If you have problems with your application or submission, you contact 0861 370 202 helpline. Candidates who have questions for this Western Cape Department of Treasury Economist vacancy can always contact Ms R.Slinger at (021) 483 4023.