Female’s position in the social setting is often disadvantageous, but it is about to change with the existence and creation of Department of Mineral Resources and Energy Bursary with female students as the main targets. The idea is to help female students achieve their dream to reach a higher level of study without them having to worry about their financial condition. The program is also designed to empower and encourage female students to be fearless in reaching out for their dreams.
About the Program
The main target of this Department of Mineral Resources and Energy Bursary program is female students, especially those who are coming from disadvantaged family or community. The financial support offered is fully given to help students achieve their dreams.
The bursary is targeting potential and academically excellent female students in South Africa. They must have at least completed Grade 12 or the Matric. These students need to take the study subjects that are related to mining fields, covering study subjects such as:
- Mining Survey
- Mining Engineering
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering or Chemical Processing
- Industrial Engineering
- Environmental Health and Management
- Electrical Engineering or Heavy Current
- Metallurgical Engineering or Extractive Engineering
All candidates must meet the standard requirements in order to qualify for this Department of Mineral Resources and Energy Bursary program. The requirements may include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa that will be proven through valid and legit ID document
- They must be within the range of studying age – at least 18 years old
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must be dedicated and determined to join the bursary program and to complete it as best as they can
- They must be able to show a financial proof of the household income or earning from their guardian or parents
How to Apply
There is an application form that all candidates need to complete. Make sure that they complete it with the supporting documents that may include:
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
- A certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
- A comprehensive and updated CV
- Certified copies of the latest academic records or any academic achievements
It is possible that shortlisted candidates would be required to provide more supporting documents. Be advised to provide all the required documents carefully and completely. Any missing document would lead to automatic disqualification.
There are different ways to send the application form. It must be sent to The Director: Ms. Nondumiso Zulu, at the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy, Trevenna Campus, 70 Meintjies Street, Sunnyside. Another way is to post the application form to Private Bag X59, Arcadia, 0007. The next alternative is to email the application form to [email protected].
The bursary is generally provided on a yearly basis. However, the opening and closing date isn’t clearly stated. Candidates need to regularly check the official site to learn the details of the program’s availability – including the opening and closing date. Candidates who have further questions about the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy Bursary program can contact Ms.Morongwe Madisha via the phone call at (012) 444 3860 or Ms. Olga Sedibe at (012) 444 3309.