If you are thinking about continuing your study to a higher degree, at least to undergraduate degree, after high school, it would be imperative to consider applying for this West Coast District Municipality Scholarship program that is open for 2020 study period. With this financial support, students are expected to focus better to their study and not be worried about their financial struggle or hardship.
About the Program
The West Coast District Municipality is offering a study opportunity for the eligible and qualified students who want to continue their study to a higher degree. For the 2020 period, they are inviting candidates who want to further their study and improve their condition for the future reference.
Students who want to take a National Diploma (equal to NQF level 6) or an Undergraduate Degree (NQF level 6 or level 7) can consider applying for the program. Those who have applied within the following fields or who have been accepted by a reputable or accredited University of Technology or University should send their application. The financial support is given to students taking these fields:
- Risk Management
- Financial Management
- Internal Auditing
- Supply Chain Management
- Financial Accounting
In order to qualify as potential and credible candidates for this West Coast District Municipality Scholarship program, they must meet these requirements. They are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
- They must have completed Grade 12 or Matric
- They must have the certificate
- They must have impressive academic achievement or record or performance
- They must have genuine passion and interest of the subject – and be determined to complete the program as best as possible
- They must take a full-time study within an accredited or reputable University of Technology or University
- The candidates’ guardians or parents must live within West Coast District
- They must be able to show the proof of any financial needs
- Preferences and priorities would be given to disabled candidates or candidates from historically disadvantaged community or groups
How to Apply
Candidates will have to obtain the application form from the Training and Development section – they need to get the form as well as the External Bursary Policy. They can also visit the official site at www.westcoastdm.co.za to gain information about the program. The supporting documents may include:
- An updated CV
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
- Proof of registration within an accredited academic tertiary institution
- Certified copies of certificates or qualifications
Candidates are expected to complete the form and provide the supporting documents before submitting everything to West Coast District Municipality, Human Resources: Training and Development, P.O. Box 242, Moorreesburg 7310.
The deadline is on February the 7th 2020 at 12 PM. Keep in mind that late submission would lead to the application being ignored and then finally rejected. Candidates who want to get further information about the West Coast District Municipality Scholarship program can reach out to Ms C Erasmus or S Paultin at (022) 433 8400.