Weir is a global company in South Africa which has been serving the customers when they are looking for global mining giant. As one of the three biggest companies in South Africa, it has been trusted in both delivering and supporting the satisfying equipment solutions in the industry. From time to time, Weir Minerals has offered some internship and apprenticeship for those who are into it. Obviously, they are now announcing the Weir Minerals Africa apprenticeship.
Thus, when you think that this field is what makes you put specific interests, you should not miss these opportunities. However, all applicants must have passions and interests in mining as well. Check out the complete information about the apprenticeship below.
Job Title: Weir Minerals Africa apprenticeship
Programme: Fitter, Fitter & Turner, Moulder, and Millwright
Recruiter: Weir Minerals Africa
Location: various area of South Africa:
Reference number: 2021-23550
When you have decided to take part in Weir Minerals Africa apprenticeship, theis apprenticeship will provide you these programmes.
- Six to ten months of both theoretical and workshop training which depends on trade
- Three years of on-the-job practical training
- There will be gap assessment
- Two to three days trade test
- Four to six weeks of trade test preparation
In addition, to be able to be a suitable candidate of Weir Minerals Africa apprenticeship, all applicants must meet these following requirements.
- Having Matric with Maths and Science in 60% above the pass rate or N3 in Mechanical trade in all subjects above 60% the pass rate, or National Certificate Vocational Level 4 in Mechanical trade of 60% above the pass rate is non-negotiable
- The applicants must have the proof of residence especially for certain locations
- The candidates who are in line with the Employment Equity and Skills Development Plans will get preferences
- Having interpersonal and good communication skills is obligatory
- All applicants must adhere to both principles and values of the company
- Being able to maintain high level of integrity is a must
- The applicants must have the ability to deal with constant change
- Having effective decision-making and time management is vital
- All applicants must have high level of enthusiasm and results driven
- Besides, they have to be computer literate
Furthermore, some compulsory documents are obliged for all applicants to complete when they wish to get the chance in Weir Minerals Africa apprenticeship.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A copy of identity document
- Certified copies of Matric Certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Detailed academic result or statement
- Proof of residence where applicable
Consequently, to apply for the apprenticeship, you can use this following link. After logging in by using your email, there will be some basic information to complete for making your profile. If you have an account in LinkedIn, you can directly link it.
Moreover, for the complete information, you may visit www.global.weir.
Finally, there is no closing date for this Weir Minerals Africa apprenticeship. As long as the application is done online, you may apply anytime.