Western Cape Education Department is currently looking for those who are going to fill the vacant position as an examination assistant. Thus, these WCED vacancies might bring you the experience that you sought. Shortly, for further information, you can read the information in the following.
Position: Examination Assistant
Recruiter: Western Cape Education Department (WCED)
Location: Western Cape
Salary: R74.25 (hourly rate)
Type of work: Three-year period
Additionally, working as an examination assistant will require you to be able to handle these duties, as follows.
- Transporting documents
- Loading and off-loading vehicles or trucks
- Counting, packing, and distributing examination material
- Checking and scanning the documents
- Data capturing
- Filing documents
- Making Photostat copies
- Delivering and collecting examination materials
- Answering telephone enquiries
- Dealing with school enquiries
- Unlocking Smartlock seals or bags
- Performing adhoc duties
- Also, assisting with Client Services
Furthermore, to be able to get the position in WCED vacancies, all applicants must have possessed these following requirements.
- Having a National Senior Certificate is compulsory. Matriculants of 2018 to 2020 may apply
- All PAY Interns of 2018/2019 may also apply
- There must not be any family members living in the same house and writing the October/ November 2021 NSC Examination
- Being able to work extended hours during the peak periods and organize own transport to and from different work venues
- The applicants must have no criminal records
- Besides, the shortlisted candidates will have to undergo a practical assessment
- The applicants must have a high level of responsibility and reliability, honesty, politeness, and ethical standards and helpfulness
- Having good numerical and accuracy skills, good interpersonal skills, good listening and people skills is compulsory
- Having good telephone manners is vital
- The applicants must have physical ability to perform labour intensive tasks, operate copy and fax machine, and work accurately under pressure
- Having computer literacy and communication skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Province is obligatory
- Being able to start the employment from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2024 is a must
- Lastly, all applicants must be able to work in a team
In addition, apart from the aforementioned requirements, there are some compulsory documents to complete in order to be eligible for the position.
- A completed and signed newly Z83 form
- A 2-page Curriculum Vitae (CV) which states the education qualifications, all work experiences, reasons for leaving the positions, and the contact details
- Certified copies of academic records
- A clear and legible certified copy of South African identity documents which are not older than three months
- Also, an Affidavit indicating that there is no immediate family members living in the same house and writing October/ November 2021 NSC examination
Additionally, for applying, there are three different ways that all applicants can do. The applicants can post or hand deliver the applications to Examinations Administration, Alexandra Precinct, Block B Haven Road, Maitland, attention Mrs. S Willoughby. Therefore, please place the applications in the box marked Examination Assistant Position. Alternatively, the applicants can also email them to [email protected].
Moreover, had you any enquiries about WCED vacancies, you can contact Ms. S Wiloughby at (021) 467 2923.
Finally, the closing date of WCED vacancies will be on 30 July 2021 at 16.00.