SAYouth is a Presidential Youth Employment intervention that sets the target at the unemployed youth in South Africa. It aims to reduce the unemployment of youth in South Africa and provide the knowledge they need when they wish to find a decent job and proper salary. Consequently, there is currently a SAYouth Covid-19 response programme that all the interested candidates can apply to.
Further, SAYouth itself has committed to connecting the South African youths to more opportunities around them based on their interests. Sometimes some companies are looking for those who come up with a lot of experience to work with. Therefore, this SAYouth Covid-19 response programme will provide you with all you need in order to get an opportunity for your promising future.
In the following, there will be a lot of details and information that you need to consider before applying for the programme. You can further decide whether or not this opportunity will suit your characteristics, passion, and interests. Good luck!
Position: Covid-19 Screeners
Salary: R3 5000 per month
Type of work: 5 Months Contract
Furthermore, participating in SAYouth Covid-19 response programme requires you to be able to handle the following duties, as follows.
- Ensuring adherence to Covid-19 Standard Operating Procedures
- Supervising social distancing among school children all the time
- Taking and register temperature and vital signs
- Sanitizing all learners, educators, and visitors
- Reporting suspicious cases to the relevant school Covid-19 Champion
- Also, compiling weekly and monthly reports
In addition, to be eligible for this SAYouth Covid-19 response programme, there are some requirements that all applicants have to possess.
- Having the minimum school qualification of Grade 12 is compulsory
- The applicants must not be currently working or studying
- The applicants must be able to manage groups of learners, deal with challenging behaviour, and communicate in English and another official language
- All applicants must be age between 18 and 34 years old
- All applicants must be Gauteng residents to be able to apply for the programme
- Having good organization skills, literacy, and numeracy skills is obligatory
- The applicants must have flexibility, creativity, patience, confidence, and a compassionate attitude
- Enjoying working with children and young adults is vital
- Applicants must live within walking distance of the school where they apply
- Lastly, former beneficiaries or the Gauteng Youth Brigades, Presidential Youth Employment Intervention and Bus Conductor Programme can apply but the preferences will be given to new applicants
Additionally, having completed those aforementioned requirements means nothing unless you also complete the following documents.
- An identity document
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of qualifications or academic records
- Copy of permanent resident
- A valid work permit (when necessary)
For applying, all applicants can apply for this SAYouth Covid-19 response programme on the zero-rated www.sayouth.mobi site. After that, all applicants have to find out the closest school where they live or settle.
Moreover, for further information and assistance, you may visit www.sayouth.mobi.
Finally, the closing date of this SAYouth Covid-19 response programme will be on 20 July 2021.