Applications are now invited for the Visitors Committee Coordinator vacancies at JIFCS (Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services). There are up to four open positions available. If you think you have the right qualifications, submit your application today!
Individuals who are interested in submitting their applications for the Visitors Committee Coordinator vacancies at JIFCS must quote the relevant reference number within their application form depending on the centre they are applying for.
- Centurion Ref No: JI 84/2018
- Bloemfontein Ref No: JI 85/2018
- Durban Ref No: JI 86/2018
- East London Ref No: JI 87/2018
Suitable candidates will receive a level 7 salary which amounts to R 242 475 annually. All candidates, regardless of where they are applying in, must be in possession of at least a Senior or Grade 12 certificate in order to be eligible. This educational qualification must be accompanied by three or four years of clerical experience in the field of correctional services or equivalent. Furthermore, should you be in possession of an NQF level 6 qualification in Public Management or Public Administrations (SAQA recognised), it would be advantageous during the selection process. It is also expected that applicants have a valid driver’s license.
All candidates must have sufficient knowledge of the following:
- Public service and public finance management act and regulations
- National treasury regulations
- Sound interpersonal relations
- Computer literacy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Willingness to work extra hours
- Leadership and problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills
- Supervise the work of ICCVs (independent Correctional Centre Visitors)
- Support the ICCVs
- Attend to stakeholders or visitors committee meetings
- Render performance assessments or audits
- Arrange training or inductions as well as attend to disciplinary matter relevant to ICCVs
- Supervise all mandatory complaints in accordance with policy
- Capture unresolved complaints from visitors committee meetings on the system
- Render administrative support services to the ICCVs
- Manage good working relationship with stakeholders
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted no later than November 9, 2018 in order to be regarded. Please submit your application via post to: The Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services, Private Bag X9177, Cape Town, 8000.
Or, you can also hand deliver it at: Standard Bank Building, No. 1 Thibault Square, Cnr Long Street & Hans Strijdom Avenue, Cape Town, 8001
Note that a complete application is one that includes all the following important documentations:
- Z83 application form, on which the reference number should be quoted
- A CV
- Recently certified copy (no older than 3 months) of ID, educational and all relevant qualifications as well as driver’s license
- If you possess any foreign qualifications, bring them to SAQA to have them evaluated and attach the evaluated results on your application along with the other documents
No faxed nor emailed submission will be accepted. The Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services will limit any kind of correspondence related to this vacancy to shortlisted candidates only.
In case you have any questions related to the Visitors Committee Coordinator vacancies at JIFCS, please contact: Ms P Luphuwana/Ms Suliman Tel No: 021 421 1012