Two new positions have just opened up for Administrative Clerk vacancies at Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services. Candidates can apply for one in Durban or in East London. Please input the relevant reference number in your application Durban (JI 88/2018) and East London (JI 89/2018)
The Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services are accepting applications from candidates with at least a Grade 12 or Senior certificate. It is also expected that this minimum educational qualification is accompanied by one to three years of relevant working experience. Qualified incumbents will receive salary amounting to R163 563 per year (Level 05).
To be able to work in a clerical environment, all candidates interested in applying for the Administrative Clerk vacancies at Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services must possess the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to communicate in writing as well as verbally
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to perform multi-tasking and conduct general administrative duties
- Computer literacy including Word, Access, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
It should be noted that if you possess a valid driver’s license, it would serve as an added bonus.
Once you are qualified for the position, here are some of the duties you can expect to be involved in:
- Be responsible for the management of support service of the office
- Be responsible for assisting with travel arrangements
- Render preparation for meetings
- Be responsible for typing of documents
- Be responsible for the management of the assets at the Regional Office
- Be responsible for providing general administrative support to the Regional Office
- Be responsible for ensuring logistic and transport support to the office
- Be responsible for the filling in of the reception duties when necessary
Applications for the Administrative Clerk vacancies at Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services must be forwarded no later than November 9, 2018 by hand delivering it at: Standard Bank Building, No. 1 Thibault Square, Cnr Long Street & Hans Strijdom Avenue, Cape Town, 8001
Or, via post to: The Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services, Private Bag X9177, Cape Town, 8000.
Please attach the following important materials in your application:
- A z83 application form
- A recently updated resume
- Recently certified copy (no older than three months) of ID, all qualifications and driver’s license (please include certified copy of matric certificate)
Candidates who have foreign qualifications must attach SAQA evaluated results within their application. All submissions that do not comply with the aforementioned requirements will not be considered. This also applies to late faxed and emailed submissions. All correspondence for this vacancies will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. That being said, please consider your application as unsuccessful if you have not been acknowledged in six weeks after the closing date has passed. The Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services hold a complete right to not make any kind of appointment if necessary.
It should also be noted that all fees associated with the application will be borne by the candidates.
For more information, please refer to: Ms P Luphuwana/Ms Suliman Tel No: 021 421 1012