Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Applications are now invited for the Senior Database Clerk vacancy at Department of Environmental Affairs. If you have experience or passion in data capturing then this is the ideal job for you. Apply before November 12 to be considered!
Interested candidates are required to include the reference number of this post within the application form, EP9003/2018. Successful incumbent will receive salary amounting to R 196 407 annually with the total package of R 309 445 per year (conditions applicable). The Senior Database Clerk vacancy at Department of Environmental Affairs, which is situated in KZN, requires all applicants to be in possession of at least a Senior Certificate in order to be eligible. It is also expected that candidates have relevant data capturing experience with proven above average proficiency in Windows and MS Office.
Job-Related skills and competencies:
- Good numeracy skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Meticulous and systematic approach to data capturing
- Ability to meet certain deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and use own initiative
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to develop a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of field operations
- Knowledge of WIMS (not compulsory but will be an added advantage)
- provide support and assistance to the Control GIS Technician through the capturing of all non-spatial data for NRM-managed projects
- update and maintain non-spatial database regularly
- verify data for completeness, consistency and accuracy
- identify discrepancies in documents proactively
- be responsible for hard copy and electronic filing of relevant records and documentations systematically
- provide general administrative support functions
Your application must be directed by hand delivering it to: 14 Loop Street, Cape Town
Or, alternatively, applications for Senior Database Clerk vacancy at Department of Environmental Affairs can be directed via post to: Director-General, Department of Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X4390, Cape Town, 8000
Please attach the following documentations in your application. Note that failure to include these mandatory materials will lead to the disqualification of your application.
- A Z83 application form
- An updated resume
- Certified copies of ID and qualifications
Should you be in possession of any foreign qualification, it is your responsibility to bring it to SAQA and have it evaluated. Then, attach the evaluated result in your application.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to any kind of correspondence for this vacancy. Successful incumbent will be subjected to a security clearance. The hiring department holds the right not to make any kind of appointment if necessary. It should be noted that applications will only be taken into consideration as long as they are submitted no later than November 12, 2018. No late, emailed or even faxed submissions will be taken into consideration. Therefore, if you have not been contacted within three months after the deadline has passed, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
You can visit the department’s website for more information in terms of requirements and other details. Alternatively, you can also refer to: Mr R Brudvig Tel No: 033 330 6197