Individuals with a passion to work in a clerical environment are encouraged to apply for the Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence. The successful incumbent will be positioned within the Financial Management Division at the Office of the Chief Financial Officer where the line of work will revolve around Admins Support. Apply before November 22 if interested!
Interested candidates are required to quote the reference number of this post within their application form, CFO 18/10/14. This position is located in Pretoria. Incumbent will receive a level five salary with a total amount of R 163 563 per annum. The minimum requirement for the Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence to be eligible is Grade 12 certificate. Candidates are required to possess a valid RSA driver’s license and have knowledge of microcomputer applications like MS Package.
Mandatory Skills and Competencies
- Ability to correctly and effectively apply and interpret regulations and policy
- Innovative and analytical thinking
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to draft and compile basic reports and returns
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strongly oriented towards team work
- Receptive toward work related ideas and suggestions
- Persevering or decisive in relation to task finalisation
- Ability to obtain a valid confidential security clearance
It would certainly serve as a bonus point should you be in possession of at least one year of relevant working experience in administrative support area and post-matric qualification.
Some of the duties you’ll be involved in are as follows:
- Provide registry services in the office of the CFO
- Render secretarial duties to the Budget Command Council Meeting
- Organise, record, capture, store and retrieve data and correspondence
- Update statistics and registers
- Attend to routine enquiries
- Make photocopies
- Send and receive emails and facsimile
- Distribute packages and documents to various stakeholders as needed
- Maintain and keep the filing system in the office of the CFO
- Type letters and other correspondence when necessary
- Maintain and keep the outgoing and incoming document register in the office of the CFO
- Handle personnel records in the office of the CFO
- Check compliance of S&T claims of official and submit to CFO for approval
Applications can be forwarded either by hand delivering it to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box number 5
Or, via post to: Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Private Bag X137, Pretoria, 0001
Include the following important documents on your applications:
- Z83 application form
- A recently updated resume
- Original certified copies of ID, qualifications and any other relevant certificate along with driver’s license
Application closing date for the Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Defence is on November 2, 2018. No email, faxed, incomplete and late submission will be taken into consideration by the hiring department.
Should you wish to withdraw your application, please have it done in writing. If you haven’t received any feedback in the three month timeframe after the deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
For more information, please contact: Mr J.M. Verwey Tel No: (012) 355-5568