The Department of Defence is now hiring a suitable candidate to fill in the Secretary Vacancy at Defence Reserves Headquarters in Pretoria. No tertiary qualification is mandatory. Applicants with NQF level 4 certificate are welcome to apply.
Don’t forget to include the reference number of this post on the application form, DRD/25/18. The Secretary Vacancy at Defence Reserves Headquarters offers a level five salary amounting to R 163 563 annually. In order to be entitled to this vacancy, candidates must hold at least an NQF level 4/Grade 12 certificate or any of its equivalent qualification. If you have an appropriate Secretarial qualification or experience, it would strengthen your application. Below are the special skills and competencies required to be considered for this job:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Organisational, planning and coordination skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain discipline
- Ability to interpret policy directives
- Ability to remain abreast with the processes and procedures governing the office of DDR (Director Defence Reserves) and CDR (Chief Defence Reserves)
- Handle the diary of the Chief Defence Reserves as well as the Director Defence Reserves
- Record meetings, appointments and other events
- Handle telephone calls and refer the calls to the appropriate role players if not meant for either DDR or CDR
- Make travel arrangements for DDR and CDR
- Type documents and record minutes for DDR and CDR
- Process invoices emanated from the activities of the work of DDR and CDR
- Operate fax machines, photocopiers, etc.
- Arrange events and meetings for DDR and CDR and the staff of the Defence Reserves Division
- Receive visitors for DDR and CDR and provide refreshments
- Invite role players, identify venues, set up schedules and organise refreshments for events and meetings
- Record decisions and minutes as well as communicate it to relevant role players
- Follow up on progress as well as make photocopies, receive and send facsimile
- Distribute packages and documents to different stakeholders
- Render clerical support to the manager as necessary
Please submit your application for the Secretary Vacancy at Defence Reserves Headquarters via post to: Department of Defence, Defence Reserves Division, Private Bag X161, Pretoria 0001
Or, hand deliver it to: Department of Defence Headquaters, Armscor Building, Corner Nossob and Boeing Streets, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria
Your application must include the following important materials. Any missing item will lead to disqualification.
- Z83 application form
- A recently updated CV
- Original certified copies of ID, qualifications and any other relevant certificate
Please ensure that you submit your application no later than November 2, 2018 as no late submission will be regarded. No email, faxed, and incomplete submission will be taken into consideration either by the hiring department.
Candidates who plan to withdraw their applications are required to do it in writing. If you haven’t received any notification in the three month timeframe after the deadline, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more information, please refer to: Ms Joyce Mahlangu Tel No: (012) 355 5332