Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are interested in working in a reputable educational institution while applying all your knowledge and gaining professional experience along the way, then the University of Western Cape Internship program would be the perfect one for you. The university is offering a full time internship program to the qualified and potential candidate so they can obtain the knowledge as well as experience needed to improve themselves and their future career. This is an opportunity that interested participants shouldn’t miss because they can seriously learn a lot from it.
About the Program
This University of Western Cape Internship program is s fixed-term contract where the intern would be placed in Student Support and Development Department at Bellville main campus. It is a part of the Division’s SDS (Student Deelopment and Support) that aims to create an enabling and holistic environment while providing opportunities for students at the same time so students can develop their full potential through positive contribution to society and campus environment betterment.
The program is set for 18 months of period, and made available for 15 potential candidates. They will be placed in various departments and positions, including:
- Financial Aid
- Deputy Vice Chancellor Office of SDS which includes Media Society, Student Governance, and Communications
- Sports Administration
- Residential Services
- Office for Student Development
- Center for Student Support Services orr CSSS
There are certain requirements that all candidates must meet for University of Western Cape Internship program:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must be the graduate of UWC completing their academic program within the previous year.
- Preferences would be given to graduates with BEd, BSc, B Com, B Admin degree
- Preferences would be given to graduates from these majors: Social Work, Financial Accounting, Psychology, Accounting, Social Development, Management, Industrial Psychology, Language and Communication, Information Systems, and Computer Science
It would also be helpful if the candidates have these attributes:
- Impressive planning and organizing
- Report writing skills
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Ability to work in a stressful environment or under pressure
- Proficient in MS Office
- Good report writing skills
- Strong and good written and oral skills
- The ability to work independently and in a team
- Good skills in multimedia and social
- Genuine passion and interest in the field
How to Apply
Application will take place online. Interested candidates need to click on the link of https://uwc.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll or this link. They will have to register and create an account so they can have a direct access to UWC Careers section. Once they have created an account, they can complete the application while attaching a CV, a cover letter, and also the highest qualification to the online profile. Be advised that they may have to prepare other supporting documents in the event the admission board request them later.
The deadline is on January the 20th 2020. If there are questions or inquiry for further info about University of Western Cape Internship program, candidates can contact the Human Resources Department at (027) 21 959 4063 or 3756 or 3551 or 9708 or 9763.