Those who are passionate about the automotive industry and want to gain a better knowledge to the sector can always take part in Ford Learnership program that will take place in Pretoria, South Africa. Through this full-time program, they are expected to gain better knowledge and better insight to the industry, while enabling themselves to improve their qualifications and skills at the same time.
Table of Contents
About the Program
Who doesn’t know about Ford – one of the top-class brands associated with quality, elegance, and performance. Candidates who have always wanted to learn about the auto industry are welcomed to join the program. Through the learnership program, not only they will have the theoretical basic but also a direct application on how to manage everything. Learnership program is viewed ideal to increase the candidates’ skills and abilities because they have both the access to theories as well as the practice.
There are several basic requirements, as well as the specific ones, that all candidates must meet if they want to be considered eligible for the Ford Learnership program. The requirements include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have completed Grade 12 and have the certificate
- They must pass Mathematics and English HG/SG. Be advised that these following subjects won’t be considered:
- Commercial Mathematics
- Functional Mathematics
- Additional Mathematics
- Mathematical Literacy
- They must not join or be registered with other SETA learnerships during this period
- They must not be more than 35 years old
- They must not have any criminal record
It would be helpful if the candidates have these extra requirements:
- They must pass the trainability assessment which show that they have High Level of Trainability skill
- They must be ATD (Attention to Detail), especially under supervision
- They must have excellent communication sklls in both written and verbal forms
- They must have high willingness trait, especially to learn and observe on the job
- They must have good problem solving skills
- They must have good analytical skills and logic
- They must be results driven and have high resilience level
- They must complete and follow the approved training as required by merSETA and FMCSA
- They must follow the scheduled training programs to ensure qualification and competence
- They must attend both off and on-site workplace and institutional training
- They may be required to be placed within the rotating order to meet the requirements of the learnership training
How to Apply
Candidates must have included the application letter along with the supporting documents. The supporting documents include a comprehensive and updated CV, the original certified copy of South African ID document that is attached to the CV, and original certified copies of all the requirements or certificates.
Be advised that applications without the CV won’t be considered. The application and the CV should be placed at the dropbox located at Ford Motor Company, located in Simon Vermooten Road, Security Gate 1. The deadline is on January the 31st 2020. Be advised that candidates who have not been contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline should consider their application for the Ford Learnership program unsuccessful.