Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are interested in Public Relations subjects, then you should think about taking part in UNISA Public Relation Internship program that is open for 2020 period. With Reference of ECM&C/INTERN/SM2020, UNISA as the main provider is inviting potential and promising candidates to join in their full-time program. The program will take place in Eastern Cape in South Africa where candidates will have a full exposure to both theoretical platform as well as the practical experience. By the time you complete the program, you should be able to improve your professional skill that can be beneficial for your future career – and also your own personal development.
About the Program
UNISA has the main purpose to develop and improve candidates’ personal and also professional qualities. The candidates would be exposed to some of the professional expertise or skills to improve themselves. The included subjects that candidates must attend or take part are:
- Attending career exhibitions
- Doing research that includes daily scanning (such as press clippings) as well as environmental scanning
- Writing – candidates are expected to help in writing articles for the internal and also intranet newsletter
- Planning and advising, including attending progress and planning meetings
- Understanding of Media Relations Management. It includes drafting media briefs and media invitation. It also includes regular update on media list database
- Performing general administrative duties within the unit
- Students registered for DPR3711 Module Work Integrated Learning are also eligible for the program
- They must have a third-level Public Relation
Candidates having these extra abilities, skills, and knowledge would get the advantage:
- They must have a good sense of punctuality, responsibility, and commitment
- They must be able to take initiative
- They must be able to do flexible adjustment – whether to work independently or within a team under a continuous and constant supervision
- They must be computer literate, especially related to the internet and Microsoft package
- They must be proficient and fluent in English language (both in written and verbal forms)
- They must have impressive communication and interpersonal skills – including a good telephone etiquette
- They must have a good and excellent problem solving skill
- They must have a good attention to details
- They must be able to make priorities
How to Apply
Candidates must complete the application form and then sign it. When they submit the application form, they need to accompany it with the right and proper supporting documents that include:
- Certified records or transcripts on the official letterhead
- An updated CV
- A certified copy of Matric certificate or the relevant qualification
- A certified copy of South African ID document
- A motivational letter (only one page) containing the reasons why the candidates should be considered for the program
Be advised that the certified copies must not be older than 6 months old. Candidates can check the details of the process at this link.
Candidates can then send their application to Mr. TL. Kgaswane, East London Hub at No.10 St Lukes Road, Southernwood, East London 5201. The application should be in the envelope with the clear reference number and position. Candidates can also hand deliver their application to East London at No.10 St Lukes at UNISA Building Entrance (at the security desk).
The deadline is on March the 26th 2020. Candidates who want to learn the details of the UNISA Public Relation Internship program can contact Mr. TL Kgaswane (at Human Resource) at 043 709 0435 or Ms NB Gasa (at Marketing and Communication) at 043 709 0405.