If you have the passion in Fashion and you want to get the grasp of the business in details, then the Trainee Buyer program from Ackermans would be the best way for you to improve your skills. Ackermans is offering three positions for potential and skilled candidates that are expected to not only improving their own personal skills but also the company’s benefits and manufacturing efficiency. It’s basically a win-win solution for everyone.
About the Program
Ackermans Trainee Buyer program (with reference number of ACK191223-2) is offering a position of Trainee Buyer for interested (and qualified) candidates in Merchandise and Buying department. The position is meant to be permanent – if the candidates are considered qualified and worthy. They will be reporting to Manager and they will be situated in Kuils River in Western Cape, South Africa.
Ackermans is the powerful brand in household industry in South Africa. They are the beloved brand that has existed for more than 100 years. Their success is based on the principle of Bringing Value to Life purpose that is designed to customers, communities, and also employees. They are opening the position for promising candidates who will be responsible for interpreting trends as well as building fashion to merchandise and stores within 800 branches in 6 countries.
Basically, candidates are paid to gain knowledge and insight. They can learn about value retail in details, including Marketing, Planning, and Buying as well as Store Operations and Supply Chain. They will be monitored, taught, and coached by the most professional (and also most successful) experts in the industry.
There are several general as well as specific requirements that all candidates need to meet if they want to qualify for the program. The general and basic requirements include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – must be proven with a valid and solid ID document
- They must be at least 18 years old
- They must not have any criminal record
- Preferences would be given to candidates with diploma or degree qualification within Clothing Production or Fashion Design or the relevant subjects.
The extra requirements would include:
- Preferences would be given to candidates with retail experience – it includes experience with the suppliers – whether in retail stores or manufacturing setting
- Candidates must have a strong passion and interest in fashion
- They must love fashion
- They must be resilient with strong working ethic
- They must be willing to learn and grow
- It is also crucial that they must be passionate in completing the program – and to do their best
How to Apply
The application will take place online so there is no other method way to send or submit the application. Interested candidates must visit this site and then register an account. Once they have had an account, they can log into the site and then complete the application.
The supporting documents may include an updated CV, a certified copy of Matric certificate, a certified copy of ID, and certified copies of qualifications. The deadline is on January the 15th 2020. Be sure to send the application on time to be eligible for this Trainee Buyer program.