The Transport and Public Works Department in Western Cape area has opened a chance for promising candidates to take part in their Turner and Fitter Artisan Apprentice program within the production, maintenance, technical design, and operation services sectors. The apprenticeship training program will be held in special school as well as technical college under the supervision and constant monitoring of a professional and expert artisan.
About the Program
Artisan Apprentice program for Fitter and Turner is designed to provide qualified and skilled workforce in Maintenance and Construction sector. Candidates will get the working knowledge while performing the tasks under professional supervision.
In order to be qualified for this Turner and Fitter Artisan Apprentice program, there are several basic and general requirements that candidates need to meet. The requirements include these things:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – proven by valid ID document
- They must be less than 21 years old during the application of the program
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must have completed Matric
- They must have a Technical Matric certificate (or known as N Stream) with passing subjects in Science and Mathematics
- They must be physically (and mentally) healthy. The program often includes strenuous physical activities, so candidates are expected to have the ability to complete and do the physically-demanding jobs
How to Apply
Interested candidates can take part within the manual application or the online one. For the manual application, the need to download a particular Z83 form first – they can obtain it from the official website. For the online application, they can go directly to the official site.
If candidates are happy with the online system, they need to create an account first and then complete the application. They need to include the supporting documents as well. If the candidates want to do the manual application only, they need to complete it once they have downloaded it.Then they need to accompany it with the supporting documents and send the overall application to the intended address.
The supporting documents may include:
- An updated CV – try to be comprehensive and it shouldn’t be more than 5 pages
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
- A certified copy of Matric document
- Certified copies of qualifications or diploma
Be advised that candidates can only use one platform to send their application, so it’s either manually or online.
Candidates can submit the application in two ways. They can hand deliver it to Bellville Mechanical Workshop, Robert Sobukwe Road, Bellville. If they want to send it by post, they can send it to Private Bag X 2, Kasselsvlei, 7533.
The deadline is on January the 13th 2020. Be advised that candidates must meet the requirements and they need to make sure that they have prepared the appropriate documents. Missing a document can lead to their application being ignored and then rejected. The candidates interested in Turner and Fitter Artisan Apprentice program need to make sure that they have followed the steps and requirements to qualify for it – they are advised to visit the official website for more information.