Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
In the event that you have the passion in taking care of animals and you are concerned about animal’s well being in farms, there is a position of Animal Health Technician in Western Cape area. With the reference number of WCG191202-5 and tracking number of AGR 2019-72, the position is open for the qualified candidates interested in taking a position in Agriculture sector. The individual will be placed in Boland and the position is permanent, depending on the qualification and the skills of the person.
About the Position
Western Cape Government and their Department of Agriculture is offering a vacant position for promising and potential candidates to work for them in Khayelitsha in SV Boland, Western Cape. The individual would be responsible for delivering an effective and working support service that is meant to manage and monitor animal diseases eradication as well as improving animal health, especially on farms. The person will receive level 8 salary which can reach up to R 316 791 per year.
The person must be aware that the job can be stressful. Therefore, they should be willing to work to meet the strict deadlines that may lead to tight under pressure term. They must have the service and customer delivery orientation.
There are some general as well as specific requirements that all candidates must meet in order to qualify for the Animal Health Technician position. They are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not be more than 34 years old during the application processing
- They must have completed Matric and have the certificate
- They must have B-Degree or National Diploma or National Diploma in Animal Health
- They must have
- the compulsory registration within Animal Health Technician with SA Veterinary Council (in the right and appropriate field) within six months of appointment date
- They must have a valid and official manual code EB driving license
- Preferences would be given to candidates with theoretical and practical knowledge in animal diseases
- Candidates with basic laboratory experience would get the advantage
The individual would be responsible for:
- Animal diseases prevention, treatment, detection, control, and eradication related to the relevant legislation
- Effective compiling reports and task planning
- Animal disease data and census collection, including the processing thereof
- Supporting veterinary Services Sub-programs
How to Apply
Application will take place online – there are no other methods involved. Interested candidates must visit this site where they need to make a personal account of their own. Afterwards, they can complete the online application form as well as providing all the supporting documents. The documents are generally covering these items but may not be limited to them:
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
- A comprehensive and updated CV
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
The deadline is on January the 20th 2020. Be advised to send the application on time or before the deadline. Otherwise, the application won’t be considered and would be automatically rejected. Candidates who have further questions about Animal Health Technician position can contact Mr. M. Cupido at (021) 8085253.