If you are a South African citizen who wish to pursue tertiary qualification but have no means to fund your studies then apply for the TOTAL Bursary for South African Students. Candidates between the age of 18 and 23 years old are eligible to apply.
Table of Contents
TOTAL South Africa is an organisation operating within the Total Group. It is a French-based multinational company which is in the top 6 international oil companies. In the Southern African, the company is made up of: Total Botswana; Total South Africa; Total Namibia; Totalgaz and Total Swaziland. It is now has a presence in over 130 countries.
It used to be registered as a private company back in 1954. Until today, they produce, market as well as sell various petroleum products to the countries industrial; retail and commercial markets. The products themselves range from lubricants, liquefied petroleum gas, agro-chemicals and jet fuel to kerosene, bitumen and greases. The energy company now owns a network of more than 530 service stations spread across the country.
The TOTAL Bursary for South African Students aims to assist 8 or 10 outstanding and deserving students in financial need annually. Qualified candidates will receive coverage for their studies such as prescribed books, tuition, accommodation and stationery. The award will be given to the following programs:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Finance (Tax/ Accounting)
- Civil Engineering
- Logistics/ Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources
- Law and Corporate Governance
- Health and Safety
- Environmental Studies
- Industrial Engineering
Students must meet all the following minimum criteria in order to be eligible. If you fail to comply with all these requirements, your application will not be taken into consideration.
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be older than 18 and must not be older than 23 years of age
- Must have completed Matric
- Must intend on studying or be studying as a full time student at a University or FET college in South Africa and undertaking one of the aforementioned programs
- Candidates who are in their 3rd year of study are eligible to apply provided they have maintained a minimum average of 65% in their first and second year of study
- Must have or be able to demonstrate proven financial need
- Must not be receiving financial or funding assistance currently from other institutions or companies
- Previously disadvantaged candidates who have finished matric and received university exemption will receive preference
If you are interested in applying for the TOTAL Bursary for South African Students, please commence your application by completing the application form
Then attach the following materials in the form of clear copies. Any missing items will result in the disregarding of your submission.
- Certified copy of ID document and most recent academic record
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income in the form of latest payslip
- A letter of motivation detailing your reason why you deserve this award
- A CV including your contact details
- Proof of registration or admission from a recognised tertiary institution
Forward your application no later than November 30, 2018 to:
Transformation and Development Division
3 Biermann Avenue
Your application must be labelled as: “Total Bursary Application – Your Full Name”
If you have any questions, please contact:
Tel: 011 778 2000