An available position has just opened up for the Regional Inspector vacancy at Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services. The open position is offered in the Legal Services directorate. Anyone with relevant working experience should apply!
Future incumbent will be situated in Bloemfontein. This position offers an attractive level 8 salary amounting to R 299 709 per year. All applicants must be in possession of a minimum of a Senior certificate or Grade 12 in order to be eligible for this job. Moreover, it would be advantageous if you could provide a three year tertiary qualification in Criminal Justice or any relevant field on a SAQA recognised NQF level 6.
Moreover, the Regional Inspector vacancy at Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services also requires candidates to have one to three years of working experience in the relevant fields with KRA revolving around taking of statements and investigative report writing as well as interviewing. Being in possession of unendorsed driver’s license is essential along with the willingness to travel extensively within short notice (such as on weekends)
- Ability to work well without any supervision but also in a team
- Proficiency in at least two official languages and in English
- Render inspection duties and investigations at correctional centres available in the region
- Gather reports of finished investigations and inspections as well as refer it to the Manager: Investigations or Inspections
- Render administrative tasks in terms of inspections as well as investigations in the Management Region
- Be responsible for the profiling of correctional centres as well as perusing reports received from ICCV’s in the region
- Attend to unresolved complaints received from Visitors Committee meetings in the area
Any interested candidate must quote the reference number within their application for Regional Inspector vacancy at Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services, which is JI 83/2018
Your application must contain the following mandatory documentations. Note that if there is any missing item, it will result in the hiring department not taking into account your application during evaluation process.
- Z83 application form, on which the reference number must be mentioned
- A recently updated resume
- Certified copies of educational and any relevant qualifications along with ID and driver’s license if applicable
- foreign qualifications which must have been evaluated by SAQA if you have any
Direct the application via one of the following ways:
Post: The Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services, Private Bag X9177, Cape Town, 8000.
Hand deliver: at Standard Bank Building, No. 1 Thibault Square, Cnr Long Street & Hans Strijdom Avenue, Cape Town, 8001
It is your responsibility to ensure your application is submitted no later than November 9, 2018 as no late submission will be regarded. This also applies to incomplete, emailed and faxed submissions. Any correspondence related to this vacancy will be limited to candidates who have been deemed shortlisted only. That being said, if you have yet to receive any kind of notifications from the department in 6 weeks after the deadline has passed, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
For enquiries, please contact: Mr L De Souza Tel No: 021 421 1012/