When you wish to be either an admin clerk or a data capturer, this is the right time for you to try applying for the OCJ vacancies. Working in the Office of the Chief Justice might be something. It brings you privilege, experience, network, and also practical knowledge that you can’t buy elsewhere. Therefore, if you need to know more about the positions, read for more details in the following.
Table of Contents
Position: Admin clerk and data capturer
Recruiter: Office of the Chief Justice
Admin clerk: Gauteng Division: Pretoria
Data capturer: Supreme Court of Appeal: Bloemfontein
Admin clerk: R173 703 per annum
Data capturer: R145 281 per annum
Admin clerk: 2021/81/OCJ
Data capturer: 2021/82/OCJ
Moreover, as different position requires different responsibilities to handle, these are the duties of an admin clerk.
- Rendering the support services for the Court efficiently and effectively
- Rendering the counter service duties and functions
- Taking care of document management properly
Meanwhile, these are the duties of a data capturer to do in their daily basis.
- Providing administration support services
- Capturing and updating data on the computer
- Generating the spreadsheets
- Updating the system on all the data sets
- Validating data for ensuring the completeness, correctness, and consistency
- Capturing routine transactions on computer
- Receiving, registering, and tracking records or documents
- Compiling routine statistical reports
- Updating and filing records
- Providing administrative maintenance services
In addition, to be an admin clerk, you have to check these requirements whether or not you are eligible for the positions needed.
- Having a Grade 12 or equivalent qualification is a must
- Having experiences in clerical or administration function will be much preferable
- The applicants must have good communication skills and computer literacy
- Having an ability to work under pressure is vital
- Possessing customer service skills and public relation skills is obligatory
In contrast, a data capturer will require you to fulfill these following requirements to fit into the job.
- Having a Grade 12 or equivalent qualification is compulsory
- Having National Diploma or Degree in Public Administration will be an advantage
- The applicants must be able to work under pressure
- Having the excellency in MS Office software will be a plus
- The applicants must have good communication skills
- Being able to analyze statistics will be vital
Furthermore, there are some documents to complete when you want to register yourself and apply for the position.
- A new form Z83 which is obtainable from any Public Service Department
- A recently updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copy of identity document
These documents have to be sent to these following addresses:
- Pretoria: The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X7, Johannesburg, 2000.
- Bloemfontein: The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X20612, Bloemfontein, 9300.
While applying, you have to mention the references number. Please remember that the copies of copies of qualification is not acceptable. Moreover, these certificates should not be older than 6 months. Unless you are able to complete these necessary documents, your application will be disqualified.
Have not heard anything from the recruiter 3 months after the due date, you can consider your application unsuccessful.
For further information about the recruitment of admin clerk, you can contact Ms. T Mbalekwa at (011) 355 0404. Meanwhile, for the recruitment of a data capturer, Ms. M Luthuli is available to contact at (051) 492 4573.
The closing date for these OCJ vacancies will be on 6 April 2021.