Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are interested in tourism or you have the passion in tourism, then you should take part in The Department of Tourism internship program. You need to understand the core business and the basic principle of the sector to gain further knowledge and experience. The internship program is created and designed so that the candidates would have an in-depth knowledge and improved expertise of the work.
About the Program
The Department of Tourism internship program is offered for 2 years (24 months) of period. The successful candidates would be expected to sign a contract for those many months. During the internship program, they will get a monthly stipend of R6 083,75 for their accommodation and living condition.
The internship program is offered to the South African unemployed youth or graduates who have the passion in the fields along the line with the core business of the department. The applications would be open for these fields of study:
- LLB Degree
- Tourism Management or Development
- Information Technology (such as Data Warehousing, Soft Development, etc)
- Environmental Management
- International Relations
- Development Studies
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Psychology or Social Work
- Supply Chain Management (Accommodation / Itinerant)
- Communications / Events Management/ Multimedia / Journalism
- Human Resources Development / Management
- Public Management / Entrepreneurship / Business Administration
- Internal Audit / Risk Management
- Operational Management / Management Services / Work Study
- Financial Management / Accounting
There are several general and basic requirements for The Department of Tourism internship
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa that should be proven with the legal and valid ID documents
- They must have the post-graduate or graduate from the tertiary institution
- They must be unemployed or they must not have any intention to take a (full time or part time) study during the internship program
- They must be between the age of 18 and 35 years. They must not exceed the age of 35 years.
- They must have the qualifications within the mentioned (above) fields
- They must not have any experience in any internship program before
How to Apply
The candidates need to have an application form (Z83 form) from the Public Service Department (any of them) and fill the application up. Go to this link. Afterwards, they need to submit the application form with the field of interest, along with the supporting documents. The supporting documents include:
- A CV
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications or academic transcripts
Be advised that these supporting documents need to be complete. Any incomplete documents would lead to your application would be disregard or rejected
The program is generally opened and be made available on a yearly basis. There is no clear information about the opening date and the closing date so interested candidates are advised to have a regular check to the official website. The general deadline is on August but candidates had better check to confirm it.
The application can be submitted to Director General, Tourism House, 17 Trevenna Street, Sunnyside 0002. It can also be posted to Private Bag X424, Pretoria 0001. If candidates have further questions about the The Department of Tourism internship program, they can contact P Khoza at 012 444 6190 or Moroke at 012 444 6166 or M Sibiya at 012 444 6174.