TETA Bursary provides opportunities for students from unfortunate background and communities to get the education they want and reach a better future. The most common and popular fields of studies offered usually include Mining Engineering, Electrical and Information Engineering, Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering, and Mechanical, Industrial, and Aeronautical Engineering.
The bursary is made available to potential students who come from unfortunate background and family. But the candidates must prove their qualifications and abilities in order to be considered for the financial help.
Table of Contents
About the Program
TETA is short for Transport Education and Training Authority and they are offering TETA Bursary for South African students in general. They invite and encourage unemployed learners planning or registered to study within HET and TVET institutions to send their applications for the financial funding.
In order to be qualified for the TETA Bursary program, candidates are expected to meet these requirements:
- They must have completed Matric or they are currently within Grade 12
- They have the intention to study subjects in transport-related qualifications
- They can be aviation students with PPL
- They are Commercial Divers with Matric (this is for Senior Certificate)
- They are currently being registered as students at HEI (including TVET Colleges) and they need funding for their academic year. The applicants must have the intentions to study (or must be studying at) Accredited Diving Schools, Accredited Aviation Schools, and also other registered HEIs and TVETs.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must visit www.teta.org.za to get the application form as well as the guidelines (and the other relevant documents). Be advised that the financial assistance would be given to applicants with transport related qualification leading to a full academic ability and qualification.
The general guidelines are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa whose age is not more than 35 years
- They must choose one qualification within the application form
- The learner must only get one application because the admission board only accept one application per learner
- The application form must be accompanied by the supporting documents (the needed documents would be written on the application form in the checklist). Any incomplete documents will lead to automatic disqualification
The general supporting documents for TETA Bursary may include:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certificate copies of qualifications
- Academic records
The application form can be sent through these methods:
- By post. The form is sent to Private Bag X 10016, Randburg, 2125
- By hand delivery. The form is sent to with attention to Confidence Ngobeni or Phuto Rankapole – SD & LP Unit, TETA Head Office, 344 Pretoria Avenue, Randburg.
The bursary is generally available on a yearly basis. The opening and closing date may be unclear so interested candidates are advised to have a regular check to the official website. In general, though, the deadline is taking place in July.
There are also other alternatives of when the application is hand-delivered. If you want to see their alternative addresses and destinations, you can check the official site – you can also learn the details of the TETA Bursary program.