Working in one of the biggest news publishers in print might be one of your wishes you hope to come true. You will have a team working what to publish, where to post, what to omit, and also what other things to add to complete your news. Arena Holdings is one of the largest English language print publishing companies that is currently offering Sunday Times careers.
These Sunday Times careers are offered to those who have interests in learning in publishing company. Sunday Times, Financial Mail, The Herald, Business Day, and other titles work under the ownership of Arena Holdings. Therefore, it would be such a privilege to be able to get this opportunity in the field that you enjoy doing.
If you wish to get to know more about the Sunday Times careers, this following information will help you figure out the details you need. These duties, requirements and contact will assist you when you have more enquiries about the job opportunities.
Table of Contents
Position: Assistant News Editor
Recruiter: Arena Holdings
Location: East London
- Rewriting news content from multiple sources
- Avoiding plagiarism in order to make sure the quality of the news content
- Developing and generating ideas for news and projects for all media platform
- Assisting news editor and also senior editorial staffs for running digital news operation
- Doing commission and managing new stories from both freelancers and also reporters
- Reporting to the news editors when needed
- Having relevant tertiary education is a must
- Having years of experiences working in the world of newspapers is important
- The applicants need to have strong news sense and general knowledge about it
- General knowledge and knowledge of issues which affect Eastern Cape are needed
- Willingness to work under pressure and irregular hours will be an advantage
- Having the ability to work well with others in newsroom is needed
- Thorough knowledge of journalistic ethics needs to be understood
- Being able to multi-task will be a benefit
- The applicants must have the ability to train and handle staffs members in the news production
- Having the attention to details and accuracy is a must
- Having the competence in communicating in English (both verbal and written) is a must
- Making commitment to produce high quality journalism
- Strong interest to read news and obtain sources to be served
Generally, in applying for this job you also need to prepare a few important documents as follows.
- A copy of Identity Documents
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copies of certificates
- Copies of academic records
If you feel interested in applying for this job and become the part of the company, you may apply through this link. Do not forget to attach any other important documents along with your application form.
For further details and changes, you can check the website periodically in https://www.dispatchlive.co.za/classifieds/2020-10-28-assistant-news-editor/. Further details and information might be available from time to time.
The closing date for the application submission will be on 5 November 2020. Any late application submission will be considered as unsuccessful and causes the applicants unable to get the job.